Shows on V-Day?

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Shows on V-Day?

Post by Matadork05 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:45 pm

Anyone going to shows on valentines day? I have a show for CCGC, I'm not too thrilled to be spending my v-day with my guard, even though i love them, its not exactly what i had in mind. :?
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

handgunsandsecondchances
Rookie
Rookie

Post by handgunsandsecondchances » Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:00 pm

The RCC Regional is next weekend.
the 14th. Not like it matters to me..
i'm not missing being with anyone..haha

But yah, it's a pretty big line up
My guards going
I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes! Hey, better try the emergency brake!

Woodbridge HS -
"It Spins Us Around" 2003
"Pacific 231" 2004
"Master Of Suspense" 2005

Gottaluvguard15
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Gottaluvguard15 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:08 pm

My guard and I are going to the RCC show!! I'm not really happy about the Valentine thing but it's not like I have anyone to spend that day with anyway... Ima cursed. But who cares!? Guard is my life^_^
"Sing like no ones listening, Dance like no ones watchin, and live every day like its your last!!"
-Twilight

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

v-day down the tube

Post by RifleLova » Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:27 pm

my guard's going to RCC...i'm glad about that! i have a b/f and all but i've just always hated v-day and maybe always will. rcc is an excuse to not do anything lovey-dovey on v-day...i dont even like romantic stuff any day!! i love spending v-day weekened w/ my guard and other guards and being @ a comp..it's great!
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

cggirl353
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by cggirl353 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:43 pm

I don't like it that it's on Valentine's Day. A competition wouldn't be so bad but a regional?! That sucks! :x My Anniversary is on Saturday (awww). :kiss: I won't get to celebrate until Sunday and even then it will be tough because of the long drive from San Bernardino. I am gonna be tired :zzz: but I know I won't mind doing it in the long run. Yay! 4 years and going strong!

:hug: Tawny :hug:

cgmime32
New Recruit
New Recruit

foowee...

Post by cgmime32 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:03 pm

Thanks for the salt in the wound, Tawny..hehe..yeah, right, like I let the most commercial love holiday of all worry me.. :vomit: I'm cool with the regional on V-day. I'm sure that those with b/fs will all have them there to watch so it'll be that much better... :flush:

deanna :wav:
"Spin like they'll never see u again!"
"You want me to make it all the way over there...doing what?"
"You'd better karma cap that...cause it's a b**** when it comes back!"
"I can't fold the floor...I got asthma...*puff-puff*..."

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:53 pm

im ok with the regional on vday.. i kinda have someone special but yeah hes at a drumline comp so its not like it matters :lol:
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:54 pm

I don't have a bf haha yes! caching for being singul!! Anyways, we have regionals at RCC and one of my guy friends is going to come and see me. He's bringing his special girl and two guys to amuse me with haha sounds bad but he's just bringing friends I can get along with. I'm trying to convince TMRsaxyDM to go too... I know he really wants to :roll:
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

RifleDiva86
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RifleDiva86 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:33 pm

It seems like most girls in guard don't have boyfriends! =( I know I don't either. It's because we're around girls and guys that don't like girls all the time. I'm glad I have a Show on Singles Awareness Day (S.A.D.). Then I don't really have time to think about that I don't have a boyfriend.

ColorGuardFreak123

Post by ColorGuardFreak123 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:41 pm

Our Guard Is Going To RCC But Tahts Good Cuz We Need to Bond! 8-)

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:46 pm

We're going to RCC but that just gives me an excuse to celebrate valentine's day on friday the thirteenth, so yay.

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:52 pm

this day is cursed....this guy asked me to be his valentine...we made plans, etc. I have a show that night and we are meeting at like 3pm. So we figured we would just hang out before i had to be at the competition, but no, of course he has to be on call for work and gets off work at like 8pm! daang. :?
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:55 pm

RifleDiva86 wrote:It seems like most girls in guard don't have boyfriends! =( I know I don't either. It's because we're around girls and guys that don't like girls all the time. I'm glad I have a Show on Singles Awareness Day (S.A.D.). Then I don't really have time to think about that I don't have a boyfriend.
I've been single for about eight months and it's fun for me, most of the time. Relationships just don't seem fun, granted yeah I'd like to have a good boyfriend but it'll happen when I find a guy who isn't deathly afraid of me.

I'm glad we have a comp, a friend is coming to see me and I get to be introduced to his new interest and two of his friends. But TMRsaxyDM isn't coming :cry: Oh well, I guess I'll just have to amuse myself with something shiny..

Woah, congrats Matadork... why don't you ask him if he wants to hook up for a breakfast after V-day thing? Dennys/IHOP is your friend!
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:50 pm

he dosnt live in the area...he was going to drive down just for the morning :oops: sweet gesture but now its not going to happen :cry:
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni