Hair dooz

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

cgmime32
New Recruit
New Recruit

another ponytail

Post by cgmime32 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:48 pm

Yep yep, if you can rock the tail then y not? Hehe...last year it was a tail with braids WITH color at the ends and this year, simple tail with tinsel weaved into crimps. Simple and clean..hehe..easy does it! Work the tail...work the weave! :twisted: :bow:

deanna
"Spin like they'll never see u again!"
"You want me to make it all the way over there...doing what?"
"You'd better karma cap that...cause it's a b**** when it comes back!"
"I can't fold the floor...I got asthma...*puff-puff*..."

crack it
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by crack it » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:40 pm

k i dont know if any other guys have had to cut their hair, but i had to. twice, once for field, and once for winter. The instructors just dont like it when i have long hair, and i did have really long hair, and now its sooooo short. Has anyone else ever had to cut their hair just for guard?
ya

cggirl353
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by cggirl353 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:07 am

At one point I had the problem that I couldn't cut my hair during the season because it needed to be long in order to do our hair. One of my past instructors didn't want short hair so I had to wait until the end of the season. It was hard for me because I can't stand having long hair! :blonde: :roll:

:hug: Tawny :hug:

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:20 pm

My guard and my friends are like in love with my hair. I'm not allowed to cut it to my chin say my mom and ex boyfriend but I'd love it if I could. I can't stand my hair, I'm too lazy to do anything with it. I like doing wierd things with it in winterguard though... hair down to butt has possibilities.
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

VHSGuardSoxRocker
New Recruit
New Recruit

A Lack of flair in our hair...

Post by VHSGuardSoxRocker » Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:33 pm

Valencia's(from Valencia) hair is actually pretty simple. We just put it in a bun and put a curly-hair-scrunchy over top of the bun. It's really simple and quick, which is nice, but I think it would be fun to do something a little more exciting. :wink: (*not to mention that my cat ripped out some chunks of my hair peice and most of the girls' hair peices are looking pretty ratty even after the first show*)
"It is my nature to join in love, not hate."
-Antigone

Nephthys
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nephthys » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:02 am

It looks like we're doing our hair in cornrows, but like maybe only halfway down, and I have nver had my hair in cornrows...and I just realized I was on the only one with bangs on Guard...
~ANIME FREAK~
*Walking on my dark trail under the Ebon Star*

Why does the plaque say Romona?

twirlingangel

wigs!!!!!!!!!

Post by twirlingangel » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:14 pm

this year for field we did Chicago and we got catherine zeta jones wigs!!!!!!!! and we had to do our eyebrows that color. not an easy thing to get off. people actually asked us if we went to the same hair salon, and i think some of them were actualy serious which strikes me as a bit sad but hey. the wigs really had a good effect though. so i would have to say thats the most extreme hair style length in our guard.
~my fringe is like whoa~
~we are the chosen ones~
~bad velma no cookie~

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: A Lack of flair in our hair...

Post by flagchild06 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:47 pm

VHSGuardSoxRocker wrote:Valencia's(from Valencia) hair is actually pretty simple. We just put it in a bun and put a curly-hair-scrunchy over top of the bun. It's really simple and quick, which is nice, but I think it would be fun to do something a little more exciting. :wink: (*not to mention that my cat ripped out some chunks of my hair peice and most of the girls' hair peices are looking pretty ratty even after the first show*)
This year for winterguard all our costumes are the same, so we all have two pigtails pulled back into buns. One of the moms got us these BRIGHT yellow feathery hair thingies to wrap around them.
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: A Lack of flair in our hair...

Post by sabrebatgirl » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:47 pm

flagchild06 wrote:
This year for winterguard all our costumes are the same, so we all have two pigtails pulled back into buns. One of the moms got us these BRIGHT yellow feathery hair thingies to wrap around them.
To understand the nature of the bright yellow feather-y ness, think of big bird. We look like big bird. They're very long and kind of eat our faces, but other than that our hair looks pretty cute.

GuarDiva04
Rookie
Rookie

Hair...?

Post by GuarDiva04 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:41 am

Everyone's hair in my guard is always fun because.... I do it! LoL Every single show, starting the Friday nights before, I do over half my guard's hair because it has to be all up, fun and crazy... I just took a picture of everyone's hair I did for the Mareu show and I will post it on here once i get it scanned... it sometimes gets annoying doing everyone's hair but... not saying im super good, some people look like poo if i DON'T do it and I want us to look good! LOL
Fairfield Open 2001-2004
In Motion Winterguard 2005-2006,2009-2010
San Jose Raiders World 2007
Armijo Colorguard Instructor 2004-2006
Dublin Independent Instructor 2007-2009
...Of Essence Winterguard tech 2010

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:15 pm

Well my guard has had a range of hair styles...
For parade we always put in a high bun. No exceptions. That’s how our BD likes it. And it does look good, all professional and stuff, but when you add the red scrunchie and the red jacket, we look like bell hops!
For my freshmen year- field season was really easy. We had these hair pieces that were really curly. All you had to do was attach them to a bun at the top of your head. And since our hair was already like that from parade, it was an easy hair style to do! Then for winter season we did this French twist type thing, which was a pain in the butt cause I have no talent for hair so my mother always had to do it. This was also the year I discovered don’t cut your mid season, it messes with the way you do your hair.
Then my sophomore year for field we wore our hair in a low bun at the nap of the neck. That was an absolute pain because we had to go from high bun to low bun and with all the hair spray we use for our parade do's...ugh...it was a mess! For winter season we did our hair in a "basket weave" I’m not sure if you know what that is, but we kind of started with a row of little ponytails across the front of our head. Then we made another row and connected them and so on.
This year, for field we did Chicago and we all got dressed up as Velma Kelley. At the time my hair was halfway down my back so I had to braid into about 4-8 different braids and then wrap it around my head using about a bazillion bobby pins. Then we all had black wigs. and I am the whitest girl on our guard so I had to draw in my eyebrows, but I have no talent in that area either so my friend in band always did it for me. And like Julie said above, people actually did ask if we had cut and died our hair that way. I love guard, but I don't think I could ever do that! Chin length hair would drive me crazy and I would never ever dye it! But even though the whole braiding thing was a pain to do (easy though, braids are really easy fro me) that's probably been my most favorite hair style just cause it was so different.
Then this year for winter, our show is all about our personalities coming out so we get to be creative with our hair. Although I would prefer to just put in a ponytail or a bun, it has to be more "wild" :roll:. So since I can braid, what I do is this: I part my hair into “rows” that go from ear to ear. And then I part the first row from my forehead back into 6 sections, then I braid those to the end of my hair. Then I go back a row to the next part of my hair and put braids in the “windows” of the first braids. Then I pull it all into a half-up half-down and twist it so that the hair kind of sticks up in the back. It looks pretty cool, but it takes forever to do!
But yeah, those are all the hairstyles I’ve had to deal with!
c/o 2005

Love always hopes