Guys in Guard

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

guarddude
Veteran
Veteran

Post by guarddude » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:39 pm

Ya'll need to talk to Northern Lights about this issue.
GD

VHSGuardSoxRocker
New Recruit
New Recruit

Guys in guard....mmm!

Post by VHSGuardSoxRocker » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:05 pm

Although my school (Valencia/Val) doesn't have any guys in our guard, we still get to enjoy the other guards with guys in them. Its totally awesome to see guys going out there and showing that they can kick behind just like the girls.

<3 Bryt

P.S.---Maybe I'm the only one who has noticed, but Moorpark High has a gorgeous guy on their guard. :P
"It is my nature to join in love, not hate."
-Antigone

Rifleman
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Rifleman » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:54 pm

Helix also has 5 guys on their guard. It looks like having guys on there guard has made a big difference for that guard. Have to love the Pirate show.

crack it
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by crack it » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:46 pm

i was on the ida price guard last year, and we had quite a bit of guys, but this year, it seems like half the guard is guys. some of them are really good too. i think there are like 7 of them, but it seems like a lot more. They have a great show this year, and congratulations to them on getting second at the gilroy show!
ya

colorguardchicken02

Post by colorguardchicken02 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:10 pm

so scott, u gonna join or what?

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:17 pm

Eh I was thinkin bout it but Im not quite sure yet :?

dancingrl
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by dancingrl » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:33 pm

We have two guys on our guard, and its awesome. They are the nicest guys and they try almost everything..Its not weird having them there either I think everybody should get that experience because cg isn't made for just girls...guys are added cute bonus...

SelenaChick

Ridiculed Guys

Post by SelenaChick » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:08 am

As a girl on a Color Guard, I have experienced guys get ridiculed for being on Color Guard. :( During school, my best friend who happens to be on the CG team gets made fun of because he drops, or gets an injury in CG. Shocked? SHouldnt be. The people that bug him about it dont bug me about it, cause I am a girl. This makes me really really really really(stating a point) mad. Because I think that the guys work jsut as hard and they do just as much work as the girls, even if they are mcuh more muscular. Personally, I would like to see the people that are making fun of my friend get up and try to toss a quad on rifle themselves...without dropping.....while moving their feet and hands in opposite direction under the toss.....without dropping....and then have to move right after or you'll screw up the entire guard.....its tuf...

SelenaChick

Ridiculed Guys

Post by SelenaChick » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:23 am

As a girl on a Color Guard, I have experienced guys get ridiculed for being on Color Guard. :( During school, my best friend who happens to be on the CG team gets made fun of because he drops, or gets an injury in CG. Shocked? SHouldnt be. The people that bug him about it dont bug me about it, cause I am a girl. This makes me really really really really(stating a point) mad. Because I think that the guys work jsut as hard and they do just as much work as the girls, even if they are mcuh more muscular. Personally, I would like to see the people that are making fun of my friend get up and try to toss a quad on rifle themselves...without dropping.....while moving their feet and hands in opposite direction under the toss.....without dropping....and then have to move right after or you'll screw up the entire guard.....its tuf...

SelenaChick

Ridiculed Guys

Post by SelenaChick » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:37 am

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:48 am

i totally agree. If guys were on my guard, they would get made fun of for dancing. but y did u post it 3 times?

drum corps baby
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drum corps baby » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:56 pm

yah, guys in guard get made fun of a lot. and it's not cool. just because they dance and spin a flag, that doesn't give other people the right to make fun of them. but obviously they think it does. i wish that there was something we could do to make them all see, cuz guys in guard are the best kind of guy friends. they're around girls all the time so they get to kno and almost understand them. you kno? guys in guard do a heck of a lot more than a lot of other guys that just sit on their butts all day with a bag of potato chips and a soda watching t.v. to all you guard guys: no worries, cuz even tho some ppl don't understand why you do guard and may make fun of you, there are a bunch of us in this world that support you and think that you're the best! get it boys! :D

mv_cg_babe24

hott guys in guard are!

Post by mv_cg_babe24 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:42 pm

there are lots of cute guys in colorguard! i like the one from san jose raiders i dont know his name but he is hot! and the guy from fantasia, i think he is hispanic with black hair and blonde highlights and robby! :D

drum corps baby
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: hott guys in guard are!

Post by drum corps baby » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:05 pm

mv_cg_babe24 wrote:there are lots of cute guys in colorguard! i like the one from san jose raiders i dont know his name but he is hot! :D
is he from the open or the world guard? just wondering :D