independent open

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

classicflag

independent open

Post by classicflag » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:08 pm

I love all of these guards. Those shows arr off the hook!! I think esperanza has a great show i saw them while in LA. I also saw Orion's show at Amador Valley. They are good also. I think they perform quite well, though their execution and work content couldbe better(because i've seen it better like the first year they came out, and even last year.) I like the Blue Devils too. George is great!! He is sooooo Off the Hook! They always amaze me though. I like the Raider Open guard too. I like their show better then their previous shows. They have great tossers!(from what i have seen of them at Gilroy!!) I love their concept!! They will be great once their show is fully complete. Over all i cant wait to see the out come of these guards at WGI. right now it is too early to see where they will go from here, but in a month we will all see the real stuff come out!!
----any other thoughts? And please don't be affended with anything i have said, i didn't mean to come off harsh, if that is whet you are thinking. :D :D :D :D
:)

wongclo02

Post by wongclo02 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:58 pm

I agree. It is way too early to see who will place first in Fresno in Ind.Open. All 3 guards are good, and all 3 have different shows. I dont' think Raiders and Orion have competed since the Orion show, and neither one have seen Esperanza.

The Fresno Arena will give an incredible outlook on everyone's show. Both good and bad. You might see some things twist and change in terms of scoring. It would be nice though to see all 3 of these California guards Block. Who will be the top dog?... time will tell.

Go Orion, Raiders and Esperanza!!! Represent the West coast!!!

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckiecg » Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:04 pm

wongclo02 wrote: Go Orion, Raiders and Esperanza!!! Represent the West coast!!!
yeah baby!!! :^^:
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

BLACKAZKNIGHT

Post by BLACKAZKNIGHT » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:06 pm

I think that once again IO is going to be the class to watch this year. We are only 2 regionals into the season and already it looks like there are a lot of contenders to be not just finalist but medalist in the IO class. Apex, Black Knights, Insignia, and Medea are so close in the rankings right now. And there are so many other great IO guards that haven't even been to their first regional. This is kinda the way it was last year in the IO. I'm pretty sure Blue Devils will come out on top in the Freson Regional, though. I'm really sure that Black Knights will be the top IO guard in California this year. They won the So-Cal Regional against BD, and I don't think there is anyone stronger in their class on the west coast they just have to watch out for whats lurking in other parts of the country. BOO!!!
"WIN" NOT "NIW" YOU MORONS

"SICKE, FLEX FOOT, CONTRACTION"

"SIDE CHASSES, WITH ONEHANDED DOUBLETIME, WITH THE LOOK OF INTENSITY"

"DONDE ESTA.......??????

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LibertyPress » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:02 am

Too bad the Blue Devils won't be at the Fresno Regional, though I heard a few of the members will be there to watch.

I wish they were there... it's just not the same competing with out BD.
One mo again.

wongclo02

Post by wongclo02 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:18 am

Black Knights are good. But after watching Orion at Fresno, they will give Black Knights a run for their money...

georgefan22
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by georgefan22 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:53 pm

Congrats to Orion independent. I didn't get to see your show of course, but I heard you guys rocked. Orion is favorite just like grape =)