hows winterguard?

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

cggirl353
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by cggirl353 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:29 am

Ewww! I don't know. I was sleeping! Right???

BTW, your horse is funny! :knight: Gets me every time! :lol: And look, the smiley is a knight!

:hug: Tawny :hug:
Last edited by cggirl353 on Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dmode23
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by dmode23 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:58 am

well u know what the big guy says we eat sleep and :knight: the show.........ohh and its even a knight.....i dont get it. haha j.k yay!! im kinda funny when i want to be eh deanna (not comments from the peanut gallery!!)
whos ready for our next comp! i cant believe we have a week off this is a nice change...... (i will probley end up finding a show to go too haha :stupid: .)

Becky :bow: (hey doesnt he look like he's doing push ups.......like the ones you did tawny and CC's......ahh good times good times........ lol)
True, i talk of dreams,
which are the children of an idle brain
Begot of nothing but vain fantasy.

krispykrusty

Post by krispykrusty » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:21 pm

Yay!! I'm excited about this weekend. I can sleep in....... the anticipation!! :cool2: :zzz: Hey now Becky, be nice..... leave her alone... *puff, puff*!!! :roll: hehe...

:bleah: Kristy**

:cheers:

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

great stuff

Post by RifleLova » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:21 pm

wow...ok so back to subject...since i dont know you guys cuz i'm not on your guard. i'm glad the season has finally started and i'm so excited because i love our guards show. we dont have a name yet and our costumes haven't arrived yet but we've learned almost all of the show and it's awesomeeeee!!
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

RifleLineBritneySpearsLvr
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RifleLineBritneySpearsLvr » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:07 pm

Tawny... :crying: Can I talk to you for a minute? well you see.... I can't fold the floor because I have severe Asthma (cough cough), Damn it where is my lighter? So yeah I'm having an asthma attack :oops: and can't help with anything, *puff Puff*.

just thought I'd make all ya'll laugh... hehe

Love you CC!!!!

YAY we have Saturday OFF! Whoop Whoop. See you all Sunday!

-Chris
ahh Sh#@
Drop it like you mean it! lol

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:27 pm

um i don't mean to be rude or anything like that, but can you try to stick to the topic? i know you are all on the same guard and all and that's cool that you can joke around and have fun with each other, but since your inside jokes don't mean anything to the rest of us, can you please not use an entire post to talk about them? and if you need a ride to a competition, call them or talk to them at school, don't use this forum for that. It's not what it's for.

ok, now back to the topic...

winterguard's going great for us! our show is crazy fast but it looks really cool and we have a lot of drill and flag work down, so yay! how many of you are going to be at valencia on the 31?
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

dmode23
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by dmode23 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:13 pm

we are! yay! im excited (although im always excited when it comes to comps)....except for the whole not having anyone to compete against that kinda sucks but its the score were trying to beat! hey melinda.....SHOTGUN! sorry erik! :^^: :nenr:

Becky :knight:
True, i talk of dreams,
which are the children of an idle brain
Begot of nothing but vain fantasy.

cggirl353
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by cggirl353 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:36 am

Now, I don't mean to be rude but I believe we are sticking to the subject. The subject was winterguard, right? We are discussing how our winter season is going. Yeah, we have our inside jokes and so do other groups on this forum. When I see those inside jokes made by other groups I read it then say "I don't get it" and move on. We are just having a good time just like everyone else. If you do not enjoy our posts all I can say is that you can completely ignore them and "stick to the subject." Those are just my feelings. As far as conversing about rides and stuff (it was a joke by the way), we don't see each other everyday so posting here is actually very helpful and convenient. We check it whenever we have a chance. Unfortunately we all have very busy lives with work and school. Just wanted to explain my feelings on this since others have expressed theirs. I just want to have a good time just like everyone else because that's what it's all about.

Just in case no one has noticed, winterguard is going great for us. We are having a good time and it's only January. :D Our next comp is the 31st of this month as well. Hopefully some of you will get a chance to catch our show. :duck: We perform in the latter portion of the evening.

iminguard
Rookie
Rookie

guard

Post by iminguard » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:39 am

I hope everyones season is starting off great!!!!! mine is super!!!!!!! good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :D :P 8-)
Breath in the music Breath out your performance.....

MsNikki
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MsNikki » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:05 pm

Stick to topic, folks. It's starting to become a thread about y'all and your group of friends. Take that to Off-Topic or Private Message.

Thanks!
World Of Pageantry Champion!

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:22 pm

MsNikki wrote:Stick to topic, folks. It's starting to become a thread about y'all and your group of friends. Take that to Off-Topic or Private Message.

Thanks!
thats what i was talking about. PM each other about that stuff. keep the forum on winterguard. not YOUR winterguard, winterguard in general so we can all relate to it. the topic orginally was about how is winterguard going and how much of your show do you know, not how many inside jokes you have. and what was bothering me more than the inside jokes was the fact that you made an entire post about them. and that's not what this forum is for.
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

cggirl353
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by cggirl353 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:06 pm

How about we stop this whole back and forth replying thing and forget this whole thing? We don't need any sour apples in the color guard bunch. :x So we might as well stop while we are ahead. Everyone's points have been made clear and now we know how we feel. Let's just move on.

I hope that everyone that has posted on here is continuing to have an awesome season. Let me know what groups you guys are from. Maybe I can sneak in one of your performances. Support is always appreciated by everyone, I think. I know I sure do.

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:43 pm

I’m all for dropping it, just take your inside jokes to the "off-topic" forum and we'll all be good, k?

Anyway...as for our winterguard show...it's coming along quite nicely. Our dance instructor is new to our organization this year, but she's doing really real, thankfully. She has experience in flag, rifle, and sabre as well as dance so she has choreographed a lot of our show and that's cool. This is the first year since I’ve been here that we have both rifle and sabre in our show. And that's cool for the people who prefer one weapon to another (I prefer rifle, in case my name "riflediva" didn't give it away, lol). Our song is also really fast, "stupid fast" is what my instructor has called it and she's not kidding! It originally started out at 190 bpm, but I think it's been slowed down some. Ooo and I like our uniforms. We can never escape the rhinestones but this year they look really cool. And since my mommy likes to get all involved I get see them all them time, lol! So I’ll see you all at Valencia!
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

nhsflaggie04
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by nhsflaggie04 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:37 pm

What schools are you all from? I'm from Narbonne (in the southern area of Los Angeles)...and we're gonna be at the Valencia comp too...i hope to see some of your team's routines.

~nhsflaggie04

cgmime32
New Recruit
New Recruit

yah....

Post by cgmime32 » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:06 pm

Valencia should be a good show..usually is...I wasn't too happy with my last run in comp so I'll be working extra hard to get this one up to level. Hope everyone has a good practice week..and I'll see u on the floor! Good luck...spin like they'll never see u again! Hey, didn't Narbonne have a kick-a$$ short flag team? I remember them from my high school days...geez, I feel old! :crying: Yeah class of '99!

deanna*****
"Spin like they'll never see u again!"
"You want me to make it all the way over there...doing what?"
"You'd better karma cap that...cause it's a b**** when it comes back!"
"I can't fold the floor...I got asthma...*puff-puff*..."