uh oh

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

colorguardchicken02

uh oh

Post by colorguardchicken02 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:23 pm

so anyway, im outside tossing waiting for my friend to come over when suddenly i go to catch the flag and miss and it hits my finger and bends it back funny. now its an hour later (btw shes STILL not here...) and it still hurts and its all big and red. and a little black and blue. so im wondering if i can still spin...do i think i should go try or do u think its broken? cuz it hurts to move it and everything. :crying: should i try to spin again or see if its broked? :?: :hum:

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:04 pm

Lmao, only yu would ask that question. well both of my hands have been all bloodied up cause I took a nasty fall on my horse and I still managed to drum. But you dont see me twirlin my baton. I'd say you should hold off. :)

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:19 pm

iut might just be jammed real bad but i would recommend getting urself to a doc and having them cahck it out cuz you dont want it to get worse
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

cggirl353
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by cggirl353 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:27 am

I hate it when that happens! It always happens to me when I spin rifle. I would recommend you stay off of it as much as you can so it can heal on its own. Don't spin if you don't have to. In a few days it may be a little better for you to be able spin. If it happens again put some ice on it right away that way it won't get swollen and uncomfortable.

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:40 pm

If you really think it's broken, see a doctor now. If you think it's just a jam, wait a couple days, ice it and rest it and then see how it's going. If it hasn't improved much see a doctor.

colorguardchicken02

Post by colorguardchicken02 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:34 pm

i iced it up yesterday and its a little less fattie now. :roll: it still hurts a little when i move it a lot, but im going to see a doctor on...monday...yeah. anyway, i hope its not broked. :crying:

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:43 am

Good luck, hope you're ok! Guard is painful sometimes.

Ace
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ace » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:11 pm

I'm not in colorguard but it sounds like you should get it checked before trying to spin again. I hit my elbow once spinning a stupid tripple on a rifle and they told me to just stop and wait for while, but your finger sounds like its in band shape.
My Keys
POLY
02'-03' Synth
03'-04 Caliope

GO PICCOLOS!
Poly PIT

Mad City
Rookie
Rookie

Re: uh oh

Post by Mad City » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:28 pm

colorguardchicken02 wrote:i go to catch the flag and miss and it hits my finger and bends it back funny.
Get use to it... :wink:

Keep spinning.... :evil:
"If you want something you've never had, you must do something you've never done"

colorguardchicken02

Post by colorguardchicken02 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:17 pm

my friend WAS gonna join but she hurt her finer today, the same way. :?

Mad City
Rookie
Rookie

Experience...

Post by Mad City » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:46 pm

colorguardchicken02 wrote:my friend WAS gonna join but she hurt her finer today, the same way. :?
Chauk it up as experience. I have many battle wounds from my rifles, sabres, flags, props, etc. It's all part of the game.

Just keeeeep spinning... :P
"If you want something you've never had, you must do something you've never done"