Placements at Orion Show

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

lledjk

Placements at Orion Show

Post by lledjk » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:17 pm

Who else can say they felt placements in the Ind Open class seemed a bit weird? Im no expert on scores, but i can tell when somethings up. Raiders open were good but did nothing for me. If it was my choice, i would have gave 10 points of penalties for the white dust Blue Devils left with their floor! Seems to me that orion was the only one who had a complete show, and ended up dead last.

any thoughts?

KW

RifleDiva86
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RifleDiva86 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:32 pm

I think that the scoring was right although I didn't get to see blue devils this past show.. I only saw Orion and Raiders though so I don't know what you are taking about when you said they left dust on the floor?

J Martin

Post by J Martin » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:52 pm

The placements might have been right, but it could have been closer. Blue Devils left white powder from their floor. I heard they just painted the floor and left some while they exited. The show seems a bit flat, but done well.

Raiders Open's show was a bit confusing. I had a hard time trying to follow what was going on, but i really liked their flag work. Good job.

Orion might have been last, but the show was very entertaining. I think they had the most applause from the whole night. The kids performed better than anoyone in their class & you can tell by the training. Good job Orion! Don't let the scores let you down!!!

JMartin

Vaddpopxsquirrel
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Vaddpopxsquirrel » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:47 pm

the blue devils had jus painted the floor and too much baby powder was put on to prevent sticking. i really like their show and i also really like orion's show. congrats to them all, esp orion cuz your show is very entertaining...i love it

LHScg
New Recruit
New Recruit

scores?

Post by LHScg » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:35 pm

anyone know what teh scores where for all categories? And sorry its kinda off topic but what is that website were guards are ranked?

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Re: scores?

Post by luckiecg » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:03 pm

LHScg wrote:anyone know what teh scores where for all categories? And sorry its kinda off topic but what is that website were guards are ranked?
hey there good buddy of mine *wink wink* just go to www.wgi.com for scores (it has our circuit's scores) and for ranks, go to www.wginsider.com (i think they're still under construction though) get it? got it. good. :D
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

crack it
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by crack it » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:42 pm

ya i think the scores were fairly accurate. I was a little disappointed in placing third, but we've been told by our instructors that we had an extremely messy show. But i was wondering how a show thats not even done can beat two guards who both have mostly finished shows. Do the judges just judge what the guard has done? Thats what I'M wondering.
ya

RifleDiva86
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RifleDiva86 » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:34 pm

If your show is not finished, in that you aren't on the floor long enough, then you can get penalties..I'm sure that if two guards are at the same level, but one guard has more work, then they look at that too.