Who Is Ready For WINTERGUARD?

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

split5050
Rookie
Rookie

Who Is Ready For WINTERGUARD?

Post by split5050 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:05 pm

I know that I can not wait for winterguard to roll arround. Eventhough I will not be performing this year, I would love to teach or watch or something. Let me know your thoughts on this years upcoming WGI in San Diego. Is your CG planning on being there? Are you performing? Watching?
Derrick Tousley
Rancho Cuc. H.S. (01-03)
SCV 03, 04, 07
Corona 06

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:12 pm

I still can't believe field season is almost over. But I can't wait for winterguard. We are planning to perform in San Diego *crosses fingers* hopefully we make it! We'll be working hard!

iminguard
Rookie
Rookie

Winterguard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by iminguard » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:41 pm

wow i cannot wait till winterguard im so tired of marching band. does anyone want to give away there theme yet?

Gottaluvguard15
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Gottaluvguard15 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:48 pm

I am totally Pro-Winterguard now, marching season wasn't what I thought it would be this year, so yeah... WINTERDGUARD HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!! oh, my theme is................................................................

haha! Ish a secret..... Maybe you'll see later........lol

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

winterguard rox, can't wait

Post by RifleLova » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:51 pm

i think our instructor already knows our theme for winterguard but refuses to tell us. i'm VERY excited for winterguard!! i absolutely love it! i love having no band competitions...just guard and i love it when our guard is cut down to 20 from 50! we're so much closer and the work is harder and better and the show is cooler and it's just great! The only bad part is working outside in half wet grass and rolling up the mat (rolling up the mat is a bummer, period!). Also we're going to San Diego this year too.
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

pinksmurf749
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by pinksmurf749 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:56 pm

Im so excited for winter!!! Last year I liked winter soooo much better than field, but i dunno about this year field is pretty fun @EDHS(chicago baby!!) yes! this year for winter el dorado is have 2 guards(jv.,varsity). i hope i make varsity, but im like 70% sure i will cuz im on rifle line. Our instructor told us a while back that she wanted an upbeat song for winter. but she hasnt told us anything about it yet. i cant wait!!
that sux that you, up there, have to practice on the wet grass for winterguard. We practice on the black top, and we only use our floor sometimes. And sometimes we get the gym! yay! lol.
colorguard is the best!

RifleDiva86
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RifleDiva86 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:16 pm

I don't know if I am excited for winterguard yet.....we found out what our show was going to be about 3 weeks ago and it is so strange...well the music is at least...no one has never done a show like this before...I'll have to see what our instructors do with it....just wait till everyone sees what we are doing, I can't wait to see your faces.
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice your gift.

Tons O' Fun

Oy to the WORLD!

Post by Tons O' Fun » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:20 pm

Hey peoples, I'm BACK! HAHA!

I've got some good + bad news.

For a while last year I wrote some reviews as I could not join a winterguard due to my schedule.

The bad news is I can't write reviews anymore.

The good news is that I have joined an Independent guard here in SoCal. FINALLY! After taking a year off, I'm finally spinning again!

Ahem... topic.

I have heard my show music.

I must say I CANNOT wait to start learning it. I got worked up even hearing the title of our show. Ya'll have to wait until January though... sorry. :twisted:
But listen to the color of your dreams, it is not living, it is not living
Or play the game, existence to the end, of the beginning, of the beginning...

GuarDiva04
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GuarDiva04 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:22 am

Why is it that everyone anticipates winter as if it'll never come?!? LoL Because its the best part about being in guard/ percussion! :D Im sooo excited for this season! It should be the best ever! And yes Fairfield Open are going to SaN DiEgO!!
Fairfield Open 2001-2004
In Motion Winterguard 2005-2006,2009-2010
San Jose Raiders World 2007
Armijo Colorguard Instructor 2004-2006
Dublin Independent Instructor 2007-2009
...Of Essence Winterguard tech 2010

CaptainKiki
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by CaptainKiki » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:28 pm

I guess I'm excited for Winterguard more than I was last year. I was a little ol' Freshie last year, so I didn't understand it (however, now that I've experienced it, I FINALLY get it :lol: ).

I guess the reason that I'm so excited for it is because we've had our field show book done for SOOOO long that it's just boring and repetative now.

We don't know what our theme is yet. Our coaches have four ideas -- all of which they decided to share with the Guard. But we won't know till after Tuesday, because that's when they're having a finality meeting with the designers.

What really sucks, though, is that one of our girls sprained/broke her ankle Wednesday night, at Band Spectacular (We don't know what it is, yet, because she hasn't seen a real doctor since she went to the Emergency Room). She's one of the toughest girls on the Guard, so for her to go down is a really bummer. She's going to be off of it for six to eight weeks, but we're going to start learning the first half of our show in two weeks :cry: I feel bad for her. She was so excited for Winter Guard and now she's stuck with crutches...
Woodbridge High School
2003 - "It Spins Us Around": (BE THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER! Not the Air Conditioner)
2004 - "Pacific 231": (GAME ON!)
2005 - "Master of Suspense": (In the RIDER)
Color Guard Co-Captain 2003-2005
Class of 2006 :)

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:27 am

im not ready for winter cause i don't want field season to end :cry: :cry: :cry:

i love it too much!!!! all my bando friends and football games, and double days and monday night rehearsals and band camp and omg i could go on and on!

winterguard just isn't the same. i don't know, i like it, but field season is just so awesome!

plus i haven't like the winterguard shows we have done so far very much, but also with the "closeness of guard" during winter i got to spend elevated amounts of time with people who didn't care/had bad attitudes. now they are gone (graduated, quit) so maybe this year will be different.

we'll see.... :shock:

but i still love field season more! :D

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:48 am

We have an idea of what;s going on for winter but we're not sure yet. Either way I'm excited cause I love winter, because it's all focused on guard. In field, you're only a percent of the score but in winter it's all guard that's what i like about it.

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:16 pm

I'm kind of excited for winterguard. Last year I got to be in the dancer group people and it was fun, even though it was scary because I was a freshman and a sophomore who wasn't in the dance group was telling me it wasn't fair and stuff and was scaring me. I'm kind of looking forward to winterguard because our instructor wants to incorporate having all three pieces of equipment on the floor or a big rifle ensemble since there are five old members on flag. I just want to do more dancing!!!! I like dancing!!!
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:07 pm

I cant wait for winter guard. I love our song and i adore the work we've learned so far. Our instructor has talked about doing WGI, its in San Diego right? If we dont compete I'd still try to go and at least watch.
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

captain-lo
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by captain-lo » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:44 pm

Ok, so michelle did mention WGI!!! I wasnt there tho..lol, yeah, we might be able to go next year, since were not going to disneyland, but we have to prove to michelle this year that were really determined enough. yeah, i am so ready for winterguard too...Im going to be in the sabre feature finally! also, the song is awesome, and its by an underground band, so no one in the audience will know it, which will make our show unique! :lol:
Last edited by captain-lo on Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.