Need a CG Instructor/Tech/Chreographer/show designer?

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

DEFSPINS

Need a CG Instructor/Tech/Chreographer/show designer?

Post by DEFSPINS » Fri May 11, 2012 7:40 am

Greetings to all. My Name is Douglas Slocum. I go by Doug, or Dougie-E-Fresh 8-) (Thats my nickname.) I'm 24 yrs old, with 10+ years exprience in the world of dance, spinning, and color guard. I marched 4 years marching band and 5 for winter guard. I marched in the Blue Devils b corps for 4 years. And The A Corps for 2 years. But I've been spinning my whole life. I've been teaching the Clayton Valley high school marching band and winter guard, and my own group Perseverance.
So now I'm, putting myself on the market for teaching and groups for color guard and winter guard. I have an extensive knowledge of athletic body and dance development, and many equipment exercises. This includes writing choreography as well. I take the craft very serious, but i still make it fun for the kids or anyone else im teaching. I'm very goal oriented, espically when it comes to building the skills of others. I Have great people skills too, if
you want that for your students.
I teach primarliy in the bay area, but if your very interested in me teaching at your school/group and you are not in the bay area, then maybe we can work something out.
If I sound like the guy your looking for, my contact info is at the bottom of this post. If you want to interview me, or do a test run for teaching you students, let me know as well. I look forword to hearing from you. Thank you for taking your time to read this post. Have a good one.

Douglas Slocum
Email: Solbad19@aol.com
Cell : (925) 876-2423 Call or text, if i don't answer you call please leave a voicemail, and i will get back to you.