Now accepting resumes to instruct a new guard!

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

Talltrumpet

Now accepting resumes to instruct a new guard!

Post by Talltrumpet » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:52 pm

I am the Director of Instrumental Music at Whittier Christian High School in La Habra, CA and I am excited to announce our plans to return to the field in the fall of 2011! I am now accepting resumes and references for anyone interested in being involved with the design and instruction of the guard. In terms of a timeline for accepting resumes and doing interviews, I'd like to finalize one instructor by March in order to begin planning/instruction for the fall. A second instructor/tech for the summer/fall is planned.

This school has not been competing in any marching setting since 2005 and will essentially be starting from "scratch." If helping build a guard from the ground up without baggage from previous instructors or other programs sounds appealing, then you should send me your resume! Please include 3 professional references with at least one reference concerning you as an instructor and one as a performer.

Please contact me directly (not via WoP) if you have any questions, would like further information about the school or the program, and with your resumes.

Sincerely,

Paul Barber

Instrumental Music
Whittier Christian High School
501 N. Beach Blvd.
La Habra, CA 90631
562.694.3803 x324
pbarber@wchs.com