Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

Spectrum Communications
New Recruit
New Recruit

WORLD CLASS CHINO'S PETER GOMEZ JOINS GOLD DRUM & BUGLE CORP

Post by Spectrum Communications » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:30 am

GOLD ANNOUNCES PETER GOMEZ AS NEW COLORGUARD CAPTION HEAD

Oceanside, CA – Gold Drum and Bugle Corps announced today that Peter Gomez, CEO of Colorguard USA and long time guard instructor for WGI World Class Finalist Chino H.S., is joining the corps’ design staff for the 2011 summer.

“Peter is no stranger to drum corps. His marching experience with the Concord Blue Devils and Santa Clara Vanguard partnered with his instructional experience with Bluecoats, Pacific Crest, and the Academy is exactly what Gold needed to take us to the next level. We are thrilled to have him on board and I know our colorguard is going to have an amazing summer!” explained Executive Corps Director, Dr. Don Flaherty.

Additionally, Gold Drum and Bugle Corps will also be welcoming colorguard choreographer, Ben Contreras, and instructional technicians, Sarah Abdulal and Wendy Lomeli. “When you’ve been in this activity as long as I have you learn how important it is to have just the right team of people working with you. Ben, Sarah, and Wendy know me, my style, my expectations, and how to get the job done.” said, Peter.

The colorguard is scheduled to begin their auditions on January 23rd from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Laguna Hills High School. Any interested performers should check the website (http://www.golddrumcorps.org) for more information.