Ever purchased choreographed Field Shows?

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

oreocookis
Veteran
Veteran

Ever purchased choreographed Field Shows?

Post by oreocookis » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:13 pm

Hi everyone,
We just chose our field show for this fall, and the website offers choreography, has anyone had choreography written for their guard and how did it work out? Also this show is graded 3, so how can I tell if that will be difficult for the students? The majority of the guard is new every year without prior experience and I usually have the problem of writing shows that are to difficult, so can someone tell me what a Grade 3 show might involve?
Jennie M
American Eagles Marching Band Woodwind, Colorguard and Winter Guard Instructor
Fremont Unified After- school Elementary Band Teacher

MaestroOfBandX
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Ever purchased choreographed Field Shows?

Post by MaestroOfBandX » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:17 am

I have never ordered the guard choreography however as a grade 3, that is usually a "middle of the road" ranking in a scale of 1 to 5. With the music, it is fairly standard ranking based on musical skills required for the piece. The guard ranking would be relative only to whatever the designer considers a 5 show and a 1 show.

If your program is ordering the entire show design, I would think they might give you a sample of the color guard design video so you can make an informed decision. If not, you could always buy the video and use it as your base then alter it to suit your guard. However, you do run the risk of it turning out to be too easy for your guard. Then it would be wasted money.
---Bob---
"Some people are like Slinky's.......Not really good for anything, But they bring a smile to your face when you push them down some stairs!!!"