WGI IW 2009

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

guarddude
Veteran
Veteran

WGI IW 2009

Post by guarddude » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:08 pm

With two heavy hitters out of the picture, the IW 2009 crown is up for grabs. I though NEI was going to sweep it but SCV looks like it's making its move, not to mention Blessed Sac. You may discuss now.

gd

JenKozy
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: WGI IW 2009

Post by JenKozy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:24 pm

I hear NEI is out of this world. But I have yet to see their show! :( SCV is AMAZING! They are my fav. in this race.
I am NOT too old for this!

I'd rather be Dreaming... in a tree.

cheryl

Post by cheryl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:38 pm

I have never performed in cologuard but have been a colorguard mom for years. Because of this, I have always relied on the colorguard to express the music either in Corps or Winterguard for me to get the show or theme.
Prior to SCV 2009 show I have always loved 2004 Northern Lights, Road to Predition as I saw the movie heard the music which made me to really appreciate their show as I got it. SCV really interpets the music as I get it. Some shows I just do not get . I really hope SCV gets it this year as that show is meaningful and beautiful.

Well this is just my thought.

azn_rifleguy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by azn_rifleguy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:13 am

Both groups are absolutely amazing no doubt. They definitely stepped it up this year, especially with the absence of the two dominating IW guards of these past few years. NEi has the technique and the GE, and Vanguard has emotions running off the floor like crazy Friday as well as technique and GE. Perhaps I am being biased, because i saw Vanguard show live, but I can see Vanguard taking it this year. Their show was awesome, I can't even put it in words. I just wish I could be going to Dayton so I can see the magic happen...

ErinF
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ErinF » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:23 am

My vote is SCV. I love their shows.

Guard-Dad
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Guard-Dad » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:41 am

I recently watched SCV and Corona live at the San Diego Regional. I'll tell you this, do not underestimate Corona. Their show is pretty amazing! In typical Corona fashion they do some really crazy stuff!

I will give props to SCV they are going to be tough to take, can't comment on NEI, haven't seen their show, might go watch on WGI Fan Network.

With 3 weeks until Championships I can only imagine what the UD Arena on April 4th is going to be like!!
"Colorguard .. to those who understand, no explanation needed .. To those who don't, no explanation possible"

talia<3
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by talia<3 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:32 pm

aimachi is going to come up and take it...LOL
When in doubt, COUNT IT OUT!!!!

spinastick

Post by spinastick » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:29 pm

I'm sorry...I'm not trying to put down any guard, but that Vanguard show has to be one of the most BORING IW guard shows I have ever watched. The kids are obviously trained well and spin and dancing very nicely...but the show is a snoozer.

I agree...I think Aimachi will come and WOW their way into a gold medal. If not NEI will certianly take it.

all_rifle_finale
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by all_rifle_finale » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:07 am

i've also heard that aimachi is gonna blow everyone's minds away this year! i cant wait to see what they have going on!
the IW class is pretty fierce this season out. <3