What do you think?

A place for student leaders, drum majors, section leaders, student council members, etc.

Moderators: dmcoach, nopsbs

KingMattIV
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KingMattIV » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:42 am

But I very strongly believe that you need to have fun on the field. I think when it goes overboard and starts affecting the practice then a director or a drum major should step in and take control, but I think that marching band is supposed to be fun.
I agree 100% with this... Band should be first and foremost fun, but at the same time you need to know that you have to get things done in order to perform to the best of your ability. Goofing off is natural during a long rehearsal, and people should be allowed to as long as it does not affect the quality of the rehearsal itself.
Mt. Carmel High School Marching Sundevils- 2004-2008
UC Los Angeles "The Solid Gold Sound"- 2008-2010
Alternative Percussion 2008-2010
Pacific Crest Drum and Bugle Corps 2009-2010
2009 DCI Trombone I and E Champion

gimpet19
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: What do you think?

Post by gimpet19 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:24 pm

well we all know pratice is the most impt. part of band, with out it you could not perform but the problem is pratice is tedious.
at my school we always have someone who "goofs off" to relieve the pressure
as a leader i just look at them and wonder "how do they act like that a full well know their wasteing everyones time?"
generaly it gets put up with if its small and not rude but if it takes up more than 30 secounds they are pushing the earth or running ( our pratice field is next to the track)
band is a sport!!!
try 200 bpm down a field and back with a 40 pound insterment!