Arcadia Band Review?

A place for student leaders, drum majors, section leaders, student council members, etc.

Moderators: dmcoach, nopsbs

bubblysodafizz

Arcadia Band Review?

Post by bubblysodafizz » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:59 pm

It's been pretty quiet around here, so I'm gonna try and spark up a new conversation. I know there has been a similar thread in the Marching Band category, but I want to know the opinions from the actual student leaders. :bow:
Who do you guys think will take home the champion drum major title at Arcadia this year?
Which band do you think will come out as the sweepstakes winners?
:D 8-)

dmcoach
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Arcadia Band Review?

Post by dmcoach » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:56 am

Hopefully it's the drum major that executes the cleanest routines without breaking attention by stepping out or looking at their equipment with their heads. The ones that show variety by showing that they can spin in both directions fluidly, displaying a variety of planes without the need of multiple stops, and by maintaining a consistent speed throughout all of their routines. The drum major that leads with lots of pride and esprit de corps, beating time with clear ictus for both counts, great extension up and down, and if it's a mace DM, one that displays the proper way to swing their arms and beat time for their styles.

As for bands, I hope a Class C band takes sweepstakes. I mean, how cool would that be? :shades:
Bryan Ray
Drum Major Instructor, Parade Advisor
Too many to list

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bandmaster » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:43 pm

dmcoach wrote:As for bands, I hope a Class C band takes sweepstakes. I mean, how cool would that be? :shades:
Ask Vore how it's done? He did it several times in the past. Or do we need to wait for the book? :wink:
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

dmcoach
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by dmcoach » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:36 am

Ha ha ha :clap2:

I almost forgot about "The Book"!
Bryan Ray
Drum Major Instructor, Parade Advisor
Too many to list

mightyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mightyhorn » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:14 pm

Haven't heard of the book in.....8-9 years!!
mightyhorn