Conducting help

A place for student leaders, drum majors, section leaders, student council members, etc.

Moderators: dmcoach, nopsbs

TMRsaxyDM
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by TMRsaxyDM » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:14 pm

well no one can conduct "perfect".. i really dont think there is any set way that you HAVE to look like.. there are always varied ways too conduct.. and none of them are wrong.. at least in my eyes
Pumkin Pie Love..

SKA SKA SKA!

Cheer up emo kid... listen to ska!

Tustin High School TMR Drum Major 04-05

Spin Doctor
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Conducting help

Post by Spin Doctor » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:09 pm

jordanfrausto wrote:yeah guys I need some more help with conducting so far I have tried many things I have gone to tom peacock's comps and watched the field conducting portions I have tried the balencing the quarter technique but I still cant seem to perfect it any suggestions
yeah...instead of just watching, try competing. There is no magic spell that will just make you good which seems to be what you are looking for. It takes lots and lots of practice. Plus if you compete you will have a professional judge giving you advice on everything you are doing.
I never did forget that night...
And now...
More than twenty years later...
I still remember every note of the music that wandered out into the still night air.
The only thing is...
I can't remember how to play it anymore.
~The Wonder Years

Vc128

Post by Vc128 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:52 pm

i agree w/ wut everyone sed...how there is no certain way to do it..everyone has their own style and by competing, u'll know what the judges are looking for so you could kinda of merge what you like and what the judges like together which makes everyone happy! :D