New error msg

News about added features or operating problems and member's suggestions for making improvements to this discussion grou

Moderator: Bandmaster

bassoonuba
Section Leader
Section Leader

New error msg

Post by bassoonuba » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:58 pm

I think that this is the right place to put this; if not, feel free to move it. I have been seeing a new error message lately (at least new to me) and, I was wondering if anyone else has received it, or if I broke the internet.

Message follows:

phpBB : Critical Error

Error clearing sessions table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1034 Incorrect key file for table 'phpbb_sessions'; try to repair it

DELETE FROM phpbb_sessions WHERE session_time < 1175048217 AND session_id <> '67d16728116e206e6933e89ef62b2e0c'

Line : 326
File : sessions.php

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bandmaster » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:39 pm

This happens every once in a while when they do a reboot of the server at the exact time somebody is logging on to the forum. If the timing is just right it will cause an corupted entry into the sessions table of the database, since the entry does not get completed properly. The sessions table controls everybody when they logon and inserts information into the cookie it stores in your cache file. This is how the forum knows you have been inactive and logs you out automatically after at set time period.

Unfortunately this means I need to keep an eye on the forum and go into the datbase and correct it when needed. :roll: Luckily the sessions table does not contain any vital information for the forum, so no postings or accounts are lost.
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

bassoonuba
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by bassoonuba » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:45 pm

Ok. That makes sense. I guess I just happened to be the lucky one who logged in at the wrong time. :lol:

eternalbando
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eternalbando » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:28 pm

bassoonuba wrote:Ok. That makes sense. I guess I just happened to be the lucky one who logged in at the wrong time. :lol:
Aww, sad day! But atleast now you know what's going on, right? It looks the same to me as error messages that I see...but I think they all look the same!! haha. I don't understand all that pbph, or whatever mumbo-jumbo it is. =)
"Love must be sincere..." Romans 12:9

If I "have not love, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2
Hostrauser's Trivia Contest #3- 4th place

MusicCoach
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by MusicCoach » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:50 pm

Hey! bassoonuba

Dont feel bad. I always get that same messenge problem during the late evening.
Moreno Valley HS
*Front Ensemble/Battery Instructor* 08-09
*Drill Designer* 08
Temescal Canyon HS
*Front Ensemble Instructor* 05-08
*Marching Instructor* 05-07
Tracy Community Drumline
*Co-Director*
*Music Arranger*
*Drill Designer*