Looking for Wing Flags/Show Ideas

Buy, sell or swap pageantry paraphernalia, videos, CDs, DVDs, musical instruments, tickets and more...

Moderator: Bandmaster

ehscolorguard
New Recruit
New Recruit

Looking for Wing Flags/Show Ideas

Post by ehscolorguard » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:44 pm

I just found out this year’s halftime/contest show has two songs, “Encanto” by Robert W. Smith and “Dragons Fly on the Winds of Time” by Larry Neeck (both are songs for concert band). I am looking for ideas since I’m not familiar with either composer or song. Does anyone have for sale wing flags or flags/props with dragons or clocks? My band director is pretty pumped about the songs but I have listened to samples online and it seems both are a little repetitive and long. Unfortunately, our band has a reputation of putting our football game crowds to sleep with our shows since we usually perform music they are not familiar with, plus we have a small band (50-60 playing members) so they have a hard time even hearing the music! Last year our show was “Fantasia 2000” so the crowds and students were familiar with the music and it was one of our most successful shows. I don’t want this year’s show to be a bore. I’m looking for something to keep the crowds’ and my students’ interest. Hopefully someone out there knows the music and has done at least one of the tunes and may have some ideas or equipment they could sell to us. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Feel free to email me: theresa_rousculp@yahoo.com.

Theresa Rousculp
Ellet High School Color Guard Instructor
Akron, Ohio