West/El Camino Review Introduction

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

West/El Camino Review Introduction

Post by formermarcher » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:47 pm

Ah, to be back on the scene once again. It had been some time...Moorpark of last year and that hardly counts because the competition was rained out. Ah...to be back in the action once again.

After manuvering the forsaken 91 freeway to the labryinth of Torrance, to the windy and bendy roads that led to a college hidden by trees to actual band and colorguard civilization. Past the bus entrance to the admissions office I treked. Pulling out a crisp $10 bill, I paid for my admission and my program.

With my program in hand, backpack slung over one shoulder and leather jacket slung over the other (damn, its hot at 12:30pm), I traveled through the entrance to the steep, steep, STEEP steps to find myself faced with a beautiful stadium. With a huge smile plastered on my face I took a seat right on the 50, right beneath the judges section. The time...12:40 and my mood is mega-excited.

So I got into some conversations with the fine people around me, in particulary someone named Mike from Katilla High School, in Anahemin...whose brother marchers Western HS. He and I had a nice conversation about various things. Then he got me some foam pads to ease the pain of sitting on the bleachers. What a nice guy! Anyway, the competition was starting in 25 mintues (after the conversations) and I eagerly awaited what looked like to be a superb competition.

Thanks to West HS and El Camino College for hosting the Field Tournament!!!
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007