Msc

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Powers

Msc

Post by Powers » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:06 pm

So...... which bands are doing a Marching Show Concepts show? Hows' it working for your group? How do you feel about it?

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Re: Msc

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:19 pm

Powers wrote:So...... which bands are doing a Marching Show Concepts show? Hows' it working for your group? How do you feel about it?
ACCCCCCCCCCCCCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry...something in my throat....

I'm writing drill for 3 schools that all chose to do Minimally Speaking Pt 1, 2, and 3 (otherwise known as Music from the Cavaliers for Marching Band, in Bb). All three schools are doing three totally different visual "themes", but it's funny how popular things are sometimes...

I REALLY like MSC arrangements, I REALLY dislike their drill. Trust me, seen it...I would pit their drill against a monkey with a crayon with my money on the monkey--it's THAT not enjoyable and HACKED.

Sixfdsteve
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sixfdsteve » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:09 am

I agree with you Ryan. We are doing "Latin Heat" ( Malaguena, Peanut Vendor, and Granada). Music is good but the drills a really funky. I rewrote about 80% of the drum book because it was just not really pushing the arrangements like I like to feel them. I'm more of an old school corps fan, so the book has a very punchy vibe to it. I don't have the battery tuned sky high. I like the basses to have a more of focused tone rather than seeing how high I can get the heads to stretch. Please don't think I'm slamming the way that everyone tunes these days. Like I said, I'm just more old school than most. I dig the VK logo Ryan!
I look forward to seeing everyone on the field this season. Best of lick!

Steve Elias
Percussion Caption Head
El Capitan High School
Lakeside CA