Cavaliers and Madison at Savannah HS today & Tomorrow

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Cadetsnare
Rookie
Rookie

Cavaliers and Madison at Savannah HS today & Tomorrow

Post by Cadetsnare » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:01 pm

Cavies and Madison are staying at Savannah HS in Anaheim today and tomorrow, and are rehearsing today from 11am-2 pm.
If anyone wants to go, it'd be a good experience for band directors and students alike to see how an effective ensemble rehearsal is run...

..still marchin' off the right foot,
Cadetsnare

MusicCoach
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by MusicCoach » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:52 pm

Hey! Everyone

Every Band Director & Staff Members that can attend Drum Corps rehearsal. I would highly recommed it alot. You can learn alot of actually being presence and maybe even input that into your daily rehearsal with any section of your group.

:D 8-) :P
Moreno Valley HS
*Front Ensemble/Battery Instructor* 08-09
*Drill Designer* 08
Temescal Canyon HS
*Front Ensemble Instructor* 05-08
*Marching Instructor* 05-07
Tracy Community Drumline
*Co-Director*
*Music Arranger*
*Drill Designer*

vore
Support Staff
Support Staff

Spelling...

Post by vore » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:49 pm

Savannah is in Georgia. Savanna HS is in Anaheim.

vore
"Educators are teachers who have taken an easy subject and made it difficult."

Cadetsnare
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cadetsnare » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:03 am

Pardun my speling, Mistar Hawsie. I kno in the long run how importunt that eckstra "h" is. :duck:

By the way, the show at Qualcomm ( or is it only with one "M"? 8-) ) was really a treat! I saw a lot of guys I knew from "way back yonder"..(for you unedumacated folks, that's a colloquialism). Awesome hang with some old friends from college and drum corps.

Anyone going to see the shows up north?
...proudly quashing bad left hands since 1988....
Pearl, Remo and Vic Firth artist, and I make one heck of an omelette.

JLGORMAN
Section Leader
Section Leader

Spelling

Post by JLGORMAN » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:33 pm

I thought the comment by the writer about spelling not being important is very telling. Dear writer, for your information, this 56 year old has had to reject many otherwise qualified college Graduates from my career field in Intelligence because they were unable to write and spell. I have had many young people ask me about getting a job with my agency, and I tell them fine, can you write a 500 word essay without spell check. Sadly most of them cannot. What John was trying to tell you was that Trifles Make Perfection, and Perfection is no Trifle. Furthermore, when you accomplish what John Hausey did, you can be a bit critical of people who cannot spell.

One last thing, you know, over 1100 High Schools in Texas have been practicing for over two weeks. Amazingly enough, we do not need to look to D&B people to teach us music or drill. Did it ever occur to some of you folks, we have some of the best High School Bands in the nation, but name me one top ten D&B Corps from Texas. As one of our better known directors said, The Going Band From Red Raider Land has been doing the marching for a whole lot longer and a whole lot better than an D&B Corps.
Deep in the Heart of Texas. Home of the III Mobile Armored Corps and the 1st Cavalry Division, serving America in Iraq

drum4life
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drum4life » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:24 pm

HUH? That was random.

I wonder if Cadetsnare is Sam in San Diego? hehe

Cadetsnare
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cadetsnare » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:27 am

Relax...it's called sarcasm. I know John fairly well, and my response was made with my tongue planted firmly "in cheek".

By the way, I won't embarrass you by quoting you from your post, but you may want to check your own spelling and grammar..."very telling"... :roll:

drum4life
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drum4life » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:55 am

Oh, I wasn't saying your responce was random. I was talking about JLGORMAN's post.

So, is Cadetsnare Sam from San Diego?

Cadetsnare
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cadetsnare » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:03 am

I was replying to JLGORMAN's post as well.
I'm in Murrieta...this isn't Sam...it's Matt Power....

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Re: Spelling

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:17 pm

JLGORMAN wrote: Amazingly enough, we do not need to look to D&B people to teach us music or drill. Did it ever occur to some of you folks, we have some of the best High School Bands in the nation, but name me one top ten D&B Corps from Texas. As one of our better known directors said, The Going Band From Red Raider Land has been doing the marching for a whole lot longer and a whole lot better than an D&B Corps.
While I don't doubt the "Going Band" has been doing the whole marching thing longer and better, I do take a little issue with asking about top drum corps not being from Texas.

There's no reason to have a top 10 drum corps in Texas. You guys provide the Top 10 corps with the players!!! :lol: DCI corps recruit HEAVILY in your state.

And as for your rant about spelling, I agree in part with the state of education that causes people to spell atrociously (wait...I need to go spell check that!). But you were reading way too deep into that little exchange between Cadetsnare and Vore. They be jokin' around...