biddc.com

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

BidDC

biddc.com

Post by BidDC » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:33 am

(Please excuse us if this is deemed as violating any t&c's, but we feel that this is very relevant to this site)

Biddc.com is the first auction and classified site dedicated to drum corps, marching bands, winterguard and cheerleading.

It gives members the chance to bid, buy and sell any items they wish directly to other corps around the globe.

We are shortly launching dc buddies which is an alumni reunited style section to the site with forums, noticeboards, chatrooms, private messaging and so on. This give you the chance to catch up with old freinds and even make new ones with members who share the same passions in life as you.

Hope to see you all there - biddc. :D

MusicCoach
Drum Major
Drum Major

Re: Being on Staff for BidDC

Post by MusicCoach » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:00 pm

Hi! BidDC

This is Elizabeth Ortiz. I was wondering how someone can get on staff for BidDC as a mod, admistrator and also as a support staff?

8-) :D
Moreno Valley HS
*Front Ensemble/Battery Instructor* 08-09
*Drill Designer* 08
Temescal Canyon HS
*Front Ensemble Instructor* 05-08
*Marching Instructor* 05-07
Tracy Community Drumline
*Co-Director*
*Music Arranger*
*Drill Designer*

BidDC

Post by BidDC » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:41 am

Hi Elizabeth

Thanks for the interest, currently we are not looking for support persons on the site as there is currently no real need for more than we already have.

The site is undergoing three major changes - firstly the whole look, feel, navigation is being changed to our own specifications and design.

Secondly, we are launching DC buddies in a few weeks which if this takes off then we could be looking at additional help.

Thirdly, we are talking to merchant suppliers in order that we can setup our own version of paypal on the site. We are hoping to set the commission rates on this at around 2% rather than 4% which paypal charge.

Once these changes have taken place, then Im sure we will be looking for help and support, so if your willing to wait a while, I will keep your details on file and contact you when we are at the third stage.

One thing we are not looking to do is to add a forum to the site - the reason behind this is that you have great sites such as this one here which we would rather promote.

Biddc is still very young (4 months old) but has generated a huge amount of interest and hits to the site (the site has a google page rank of 4!!)

If there are additonal categories that yourself (or anyone reading this post) would like to see added to the site then please email as at admin@biddc.com with the details and we'll add them - they dont have to be restricted to bands or guards for example.

thanks for the reply and please keep in touch

Mark

MusicCoach
Drum Major
Drum Major

Re: BidDC

Post by MusicCoach » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:04 am

Hey! BidDC

This is Elizabth Ortiz. I dont mind waiting a while. I'm actually in the process of building a website for mine min-corp. Like what kind of other categories? Would you like to add on the site.

:P 8-) :lol:
Moreno Valley HS
*Drill Designer* 08
Temescal Canyon HS
Tracy Community Drumline
*Co-Director*
*Music Arranger*
*Drill Designer*

BidDC

Post by BidDC » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:56 am

Really anything members would like - we have noticed for example that in the music section members are auctioning cd's that are not from marching bands or drum corps.

So with this in mind if members want to sell anything which is not related to marching bands, winterguard, cheerleading, etc but wish to auction other non-related items to this market only, then they can but we need to be told what additional categories people would like added. 8-) i.e computer games or electronic hardware - the list could be endless but we dont want to add categories which members wont use.

Forgot to mention that when you register (which is free) we add $10 into your sellers account to get you started - this way you can place a number of auctions on the site and not pay any of the charges :wink:

Good lukc with your website - let us know when its up and running :)

MusicCoach
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by MusicCoach » Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:41 am

Hey! BidDC

This is Elizabeth Ortiz. Will the site be able to auction out musicial instruments or what.

As soon I have mine website build. I will let you know ok. This website is going to be a part of a drum corps what would been convert from a Brass & Percussion Ensmeble by 2008. I'm currently looking for someone to build my website and also for hosting. Plus I'm looking for companies to either donate or sponor mine Brass & Percussion Ensemle. I would like to have a group of 10 to 30 memebrs by end of 2005. Even maybe do some small performances in early 2005.

:D :) 8-) :P
Moreno Valley HS
*Drill Designer* 08
Temescal Canyon HS
Tracy Community Drumline
*Co-Director*
*Music Arranger*
*Drill Designer*