I think I finally got this thing fixed!

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think I finally got this thing fixed!

Post by Bandmaster » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:50 am

I just spent 10 straight hours working on the database. :compute: I had to open each table of the database and explore around until I found where in the sequence of postings did the last server crash happen. Then find which was the last successful posting and manually delete everything after that from every table that stored info about the postings (about 5 tables, some of which had 37,000 entries). Also, reset the last posting ID number for each forum. This means we have lost everything back to June 6th. I am really sorry if an important posting of your's was deleted, but it could not be helped. The server crash really did a number on the database this time. :frustrated: For anyone that lost their account, PLEASE register again using all your old information (username, password, etc.). If you want your post count reset so you don't lose your ranking, just send me a note with your username and what your post count should be and I'll try to reset it for you. Thank you all for your patients.
Last edited by Bandmaster on Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

vore
Support Staff
Support Staff

Ouch....

Post by vore » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:09 pm

Way too much work for me to even think about....

Actually, I am very happy that some of the postings were lost... some folk were getting out of control.

vore
"Educators are teachers who have taken an easy subject and made it difficult."

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Re: Ouch....

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:07 pm

vore wrote:Way too much work for me to even think about....

Actually, I am very happy that some of the postings were lost... some folk were getting out of control.

vore
What he said... ($1 to Vore for stealing his material)