Do your schools keep their next theme a secret?

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Do your schools keep their next theme a secret?

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Sun May 16, 2004 4:43 pm

Alright i was wondering why some schools keep their next show a secret and how many of your schools do that. i am not asking for those people to tell me what their next show is gonna be i dont wanna cause any trouble i am just wondering which schools and why ( i can be patient and wait for season to start to find out what it is )

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Sun May 16, 2004 6:14 pm

my school keeps it secret. i think it is so that other schools might not take the idea or something. it is original. plus, it has to be a surprise!

mumba182

Post by mumba182 » Sun May 23, 2004 10:55 pm

ya like they keep ours a secret they tell people stuff but like none of its true but we all wanna know and this year i dont think we found out what it was even after we started practice

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Wed May 26, 2004 11:11 am

Our band keeps it a secret until our band banquet and the also announce our new asst drum major. So just patiently wait :-P

the banquet is this friday omg!! i can't wait, i'm so excited. 8-)

CrimsonCadetClarinet

Post by CrimsonCadetClarinet » Sun May 30, 2004 10:14 pm

TMR Quint Kid wrote:Our band keeps it a secret until our band banquet and the also announce our new asst drum major. So just patiently wait :-P

the banquet is this friday omg!! i can't wait, i'm so excited. 8-)
we do the same, but this year we found out early as a reward for totally owning at a heritage festival

bari_benzo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bari_benzo » Sun May 30, 2004 11:35 pm

In high school, our band never found out until the end-of-the-year awards banquet.

But if you ever asked the director before that, his answer was always "Country Western Clown Show."

heh... :lol:
Eddie E.
rccband.org Web Administrator
Ramona (Riverside) High School c/o 1999
Suita City Wind Ensemble - Clarinet

Smiling_Marcher
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Smiling_Marcher » Mon May 31, 2004 6:47 pm

At my school we don't find out untill the info comes for band camp. That is unless you're a captian b/c they find out way in advance and have to keep it secret. Or if your on field staff b/c we find out the week before b/c of field staff letters.
The season may be through but the memories will keep playing.

bangla
New Recruit
New Recruit

Ya'll Are Wierd

Post by bangla » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:39 pm

Our school gets all their music a couple weeks before school is over. I dont know y ur school hold it from you, but at our school we know ahead of time. You should me mad that you dont have your music by the summer time. maybe thats y we are so good and yall suk. ttyl

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Re: Ya'll Are Wierd

Post by formermarcher » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:07 pm

hightenors04 wrote:Our school gets all their music a couple weeks before school is over. I dont know y ur school hold it from you, but at our school we know ahead of time. You should me mad that you dont have your music by the summer time. maybe thats y we are so good and yall suk. ttyl
Whoa whoa whoa!!! Dude, whats up? Why you putting down other schools like that?

I can see you are rather new to World Of Pageantry..but let me tell you one thing right off the bat:

We respect other people and other programs. Comments like that are totally unnecessary and are immensly disrespectful.

So just keep the rude comments to yourself, and everyone will be happy.
Thanks!
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

SRDM
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by SRDM » Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:07 pm

hightenors... that's dirty. shouldn't be so cocky, you're band isn't perfect. i see no 100's. anyways, our school just hands out music but doesn't want to tell people too early so they don't expect too much. just before summer music is passed out and we see what's up. :-P

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:12 am

My band doesnt, we're doin the nightmare before christmas. Its goin to be awesome I cant wait :D

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:19 am

well, our school already knows the show's tittle and songs were prforming, we just choose not to rant on about it cause we rather let people hear and see our show for themselves. :D
Nothing is impossible with God!

Smallfry06
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Smallfry06 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:52 pm

Yeah...I'm pretty sure right after finals the instructors are already making plans for our next years show...its funny because all of us kids wonder what it will be...I don't think the instructors keep it a secret...they just dont tell us, lol...but information and rumors leak out all the time...and a midi of our show is usually ready for us to hear long before summer starts...so its a semi-secret i guess...