Dating people in band!

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

pitgirl15
New Recruit
New Recruit

Dating people in band!

Post by pitgirl15 » Wed May 12, 2004 8:32 pm

do u guys date people in band? theres so many couples in band. and i think thats a good thing becasue yuo'll always be with that person. becaseu how band takes up alot of time, all over the year. but then the down side is that if you break up you'll still be seeing eachother everyday for the whole year and even including summer. i ws just wondering what people thik about it. And im just really bored too :lol:
La sierra ROCKS!!!

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Wed May 12, 2004 9:00 pm

Band is a common interest so it can be a way to hook up. With any group though drama can happen. In a way band drama is a good indication that a collective of people is communicating and bonding.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

RaidenSlayer
New Recruit
New Recruit

me

Post by RaidenSlayer » Thu May 13, 2004 1:04 pm

i actually have a girlfriend in band but not in the same high school

TMRsaxyDM
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by TMRsaxyDM » Thu May 13, 2004 1:41 pm

once youve gone bando... you never go back :wink:
Pumkin Pie Love..

SKA SKA SKA!

Cheer up emo kid... listen to ska!

Tustin High School TMR Drum Major 04-05

kiltedfreak
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kiltedfreak » Thu May 13, 2004 7:31 pm

I dated someone in band for 6 months, and then he broke up with me, and it was the worst idea ever, becuase not only was he in my section I had to see him everyday and it was pretty bad.

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Thu May 13, 2004 7:46 pm

im dating a drummer right now. i have had relationships in and out of band. ive noticed that outside of band, there is never any time to see the people. with band, the person is with you so much that it isnt like ou never see the person. plus, when you date people in band, you have usually been friends with them for a long time. in my band at least, it seems like when people break up, even if it was long term, they stay civil. they arent buddy-buddy anymore, but they can still handle seeing them so much.

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Thu May 13, 2004 8:12 pm

I've dated two bandos at my own school. We broke up and it was all fine and stuff but when they date your friends.. it's a little wierd. :roll: Right now I'm dating a little drummer kid at another school. It sucks because we don't see eachother that often, but I know he likes me cause the only time we hung out before he asked me out was at guard comps when I was still in my big bird makeup :D
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Fri May 14, 2004 8:17 pm

hehe..I'm in a relationship right now. I'm a baritone, he's a trumpet. So it's all good. We've been going out for a month today. :D
OHS '01 - '05

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Fri May 14, 2004 8:56 pm

i dunno if dating someone in band is such a good idea. but it has it's benefits, like ur not draging ur gf to all ur performances but they are there with u the whole time performing With you and warming up etc. and the bus ride home.. :roll:
but breakups aren't fun and even if ur just gonna be 'friends' its still gonna be awkward no matter what

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Fri May 14, 2004 9:51 pm

ya, but i think the benefits during the relationship outwiegh the bad parts after it is over.

Starky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Starky » Fri May 14, 2004 9:56 pm

Im dating a girl in color guard, and its funny were i asked her out...at the disneyland parade so the saying acutally worked. i was goin to disney land!
There is no reality in the absence of observation.

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Sat May 15, 2004 12:55 pm

i had an 8 month realtionship with a tenor and i would have to disagree with jimmy (isnipewithaknife) because after we broke up it was awkward for a few days cuz the brea up was bad but were still really close and hes one of my best friends. and hes my running buddy too :lol:
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Sat May 15, 2004 1:26 pm

flagratgirl wrote:i had an 8 month realtionship with a tenor and i would have to disagree with jimmy (isnipewithaknife) because after we broke up it was awkward for a few days cuz the brea up was bad but were still really close and hes one of my best friends. and hes my running buddy too :lol:
thats cool. i totally agree most people in my band stay really good friends, or they just dont talk and hang out in separate groups. either way, there arent really any problems. plus then, it isnt wierd when your ex starts dating your friend, becusae it is pretty much like everyone dates everyone.

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Sat May 15, 2004 8:08 pm

yeah my ex and i hang out with the same group and he just got a new gf who i am pretty cool with. it was funny cuz i was the one that was like geez u finnally asked her out. i was one of the most supportive people. most of thier friends are against it. :?
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

RaidenSlayer
New Recruit
New Recruit

me

Post by RaidenSlayer » Mon May 17, 2004 12:21 pm

i think dating band geeks is better than dating drama nerds

:twisted: until next time :twisted: