band nerds!!!!!

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

gamermanbc
New Recruit
New Recruit

band nerds!!!!!

Post by gamermanbc » Fri May 07, 2004 11:51 pm

Ya know... Just about every good time in the past few years has come from band... it's strange how, in high school, it just becomes part of your life. Who agrees with me?

And also, what are the most memorable things that have happened in band? funniest, coolest, or just... uh... band-nerdiest!
I M A BAND NERD!!!!!
SNARES RULE!!!!!
AND... um... uh.... YEAH! THATS RIGHT!

pretty_in_pit
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by pretty_in_pit » Sun May 09, 2004 4:32 pm

I know what you mean. I just started my freshman year and I know that if I hadn't joined marching band, I wouldn't be the person I am now. I really wasn't going to do band(I thought it was dorky...I was right:), but my band teacher signed me up anyway so I figures 'why not try it at least?' So I did and I had a blast, and I couldn't imagine how much more high school would suck if I didn't meet all these great band geeks who made me who I am. Haha....I'm such a band geek!

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Oh I can relate...

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Sun May 09, 2004 11:03 pm

In my freshman year in high school, I was SUCH a band nerd that at the Band Banquet, I won 3 of the 4 "bad" awards...Turkey Freshman, Band Bigmouth, and one other award (probably One Most Likely To Spend A Lot Of Time On A Computer)...my section leader, who is now an esteemed principal at a junior high school in Pasadena, one the 4th award....POTTY MOUTH!

pretty_in_pit
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by pretty_in_pit » Mon May 10, 2004 6:56 pm

haha how fun:) i haven't been to a band banquet yet, but i will in....june, i think? yeah. we have 'em at our country club in wrightwood and i heard everyone has a blast. the section leaders give out random awards...my leaders though, well one of them at least, is just this really random, funny guy and he gives out really random, funny awards:) so i can't wait to see what he gives me. he says it's gonna be really funny so...yeah. i think i'm gonna have a lot of fun.

ronsj
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ronsj » Mon May 10, 2004 9:25 pm

I'm just glad we're called "bandos" at our school... 8-)

RaidenSlayer
New Recruit
New Recruit

intrest

Post by RaidenSlayer » Tue May 11, 2004 12:29 pm

hmm band geeks. Im not really a band geek this is my first year in a marching band. Im a tuba player. My section is probably the geekiest people i know. Im a freshman like many of you. This is my fourth year playing tuba. My section gets mad sometimes because i dont want to participate in some of the crazy :twisted: RITUALS :twisted: they do. I get kind of embarrased but theyre real cool guys and i think marching band would be dumb without them. So go mighty Coyots go

pretty_in_pit
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by pretty_in_pit » Tue May 11, 2004 4:12 pm

haha, i have no clue how i got around to being a band geek. i think it's 'cause i saw that the people in band have so much fun and i wanted to be a part of it. i'm happy i am a band geek actually because i have a lot of fun now too. sometimes people do make fun of me because of band but oh well, ya know? i don't even care anymore 'cause those peoples' opinions don't matter to me. i love how band is like this little...family type thing. mine is at least. but theres a lot of drama in it too which just makes it more fun:)

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Re: intrest

Post by guardee101 » Tue May 11, 2004 5:50 pm

RaidenSlayer wrote:hmm band geeks. Im not really a band geek this is my first year in a marching band. Im a tuba player. My section is probably the geekiest people i know. Im a freshman like many of you.
haha...im sorry to tell you this, but you use this website and that kind of means you are a band geek. sorry! anyway, at my school there are band geeks that are really wierd, strange people. then there are other people that are just so enthusiastic. they are the kind you want to be around.

ChaoSnare
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ChaoSnare » Tue May 11, 2004 8:03 pm

Ah....I remember thinking back in third grade I would never, ever join band. (We were forced to learn the recorder and how to "march") And I didn't....at least until the spring of freshman year when I joined drumline. After that my life started revolving arond the bandroom. After that it was a short step to full-fledged band nerd....

O...I was supposed to post about actual memories...but most of the things I remember are inside jokes or just random occurences that, in their hilarity, became part of the running jokes....

- the time me and a couple others made-up a drinking song after championships ("We went to Fresno one day...)

- when one of the bass players, while going diagonally backwards, fell and yet somehow managed to roll right back up again (during 8th grade orientation too)

- when the captain and I had a race up a rock-climbing wall...and I almost lost my shoes...

- When we were hanging out in the officer's room and my friend was rolling around the room in the computer chair when *CRASH*, he's somehow fallen flat on his face

- Durng band camp when I got a drink from Subway and when I was almost done I poked the bottom and the liquid rushed outa the hole in the bottom

Ya, there's probably more stuff that happened but, like I said above, most things are inside jokes or just stuff that's been retained because....well, 'cause.

pretty_in_pit
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by pretty_in_pit » Tue May 11, 2004 8:24 pm

haha, there's a lot of inside jokes between me and some of the peoples in my section. that's what i'll miss about this year:( half the people in my section are seniors so they're leaving me, i don't blame 'em...they've been here four years...but it really is gonna sick 'cause i'm gonna miss 'em and all the good times we had together...

:cry:

pitgirl15
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by pitgirl15 » Tue May 11, 2004 8:36 pm

hey well i agree many good things have happend in band. but then theres other things that suck alot. i'd rather not say. but gamermanbc i think you know what im talking about casue your involved
but this year is the year im never going to forget! it was so much fun. i was in the pit and i think you people know how pit people are. but now im going to play mellophone. and most of the pit isnt evn going to be in pit of going to be in band. we had this really cool section leader but hes graduating this year so it wont be the same. like i remember one time we had these boxes and we were so bored and had nothing to do we started going under them. and when one of the pitr people where under there the band director started coming and we sat on the box so he couldnt get out. and the director is all looking at us and hes like where ...? and we were like hes in the bathroom, and were taking a brake. but it was just so funny! and he started laughing. theres many stories i have abut band camp and compations. but its to much to type now.
im just happy im in marching band cause its so much fun.
La sierra ROCKS!!!

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Wed May 12, 2004 4:25 pm

ChaoSnare wrote: - when one of the bass players, while going diagonally backwards, fell and yet somehow managed to roll right back up again (during 8th grade orientation too)
people falling is definitely the funniest. our band has so many of those. i can look back at falls from freshman year and still laugh

RaidenSlayer
New Recruit
New Recruit

me

Post by RaidenSlayer » Thu May 13, 2004 12:32 pm

so i am a band geek congratulations you caught me

:evil: until next time :evil:

kiltedfreak
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kiltedfreak » Thu May 13, 2004 7:33 pm

hes got a point most of my memorable moments this year have happened in band, for example. we had a lock down during band today, I've meet most of my friends in band. so its a big part of your life.

RaidenSlayer
New Recruit
New Recruit

me

Post by RaidenSlayer » Mon May 17, 2004 12:32 pm

i agree with kiltedfreak a lot of my memorable moments happened in band especially in marching season like for instance we went to pacific grove and me a few buddies of mine just ran around the school we were staying at the whole night until our pit director caught us and snitched