Fall season

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Which competition circuit does your band compete in?

WBA
11%
SCSBOA
51%
BOA
No votes
WBA & SCSBOA
17%
WBA & BOA
11%
SCSBOA & BOA
9%

Total votes: 35

JLGORMAN
Section Leader
Section Leader

Competition

Post by JLGORMAN » Fri May 07, 2004 8:58 pm

Music Education wrote:
dudewheresmycar wrote:I actually would like to see all the bands mentioned go up against each other, not just Etiwanda against the WBA heavyweights.

Etiwanda did not compete against Logan last season. It would've been interesting to see how it would've panned out though because both schools use the same drill designer (Scott Chandler). I'd probably give Logan the edge with their amazing colorguard. But musical performance-wise, definitely Etiwanda.
Etiwanda and Logan have faced off before, and I believe Etiwanda did place above them musically. Most of the groups mention have faced off against Logan at some point, but I agree, it would be nice if that was now! What would be even cooler is if California had a real state championship! (i.e. Texas - but not UIL oriented, or Indiana).

Another band I would like to see make an appearance again at WBA events is Leigh High School (San Jose, CA). They always did very well in WSMBC and I believe their shows today would fit in just great with the groups they would be competing against.

I found it interesting that the UIL Championships were sort of slammed. Interestingly enough, this is from someone who complains because bands do nt compete against each other. In the UIL championships you cannot hide. Spring and Westfield, LD Bell, Ronald Reagen, Churchill, Berkner, Stephen F. Austin and others will have to face off against Duncanville(our non-BOA 600 lb gorilla). The nice thing is we decide it on the field Band Style and that is funny that someone would slam us for having one of only two (Florida being the other) true State Championsips.
Deep in the Heart of Texas. Home of the III Mobile Armored Corps and the 1st Cavalry Division, serving America in Iraq