A District Torn Apart

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

ronsj
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ronsj » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:47 pm

I would get ready to recruit for your own school like crazy because you are probably going to be losing freshman to the new school, that is, if the new school decides to have a field band.

Happened to my school...

Gallagher
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Gallagher » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:48 am

Beckman will be a Parade/Pep Marching Band, similar to Foothill. They will also be stressing the Orchestra and Concert Band program. Tustin will be the only competing "field" band in the district.

-Brian Gallagher
Asst. Director TMR

altohack
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altohack » Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:30 pm

oh, that's pretty interesting... never heard of a situtation like that.

you might want to go to the feeder schools and teach the kids how to march parade with good technique

take a couple of the section leaders from there and give them special attention: they r probably the leaders of tommorow
No regrets

vore
Support Staff
Support Staff

The Director....

Post by vore » Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:32 pm

#1 - Let the instrumental music director of the new high school make the decisions concerning his/her program. I am sure that the new director will put together an instructional staff, student staff and parent support group according to his/her needs and wishes. Best to stay out of the way until you are asked...

vore
"Educators are teachers who have taken an easy subject and made it difficult."

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Re: The Director....

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:48 pm

vore wrote:#1 - Let the instrumental music director of the new high school make the decisions concerning his/her program. I am sure that the new director will put together an instructional staff, student staff and parent support group according to his/her needs and wishes. Best to stay out of the way until you are asked...

vore
:D Yeah...what HE said... :lol: :lol:

Absolutely the director's perogative what direction he feels is best for his program...