Homestead Announces 2004 Field Show

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Zpull
New Recruit
New Recruit

Homestead Announces 2004 Field Show

Post by Zpull » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:53 pm

The show will be Spider-Man based and Entitiled >>RADIOACTIVE VENOM in"S-P-I-D-E-R"ed by the Music of Danny Elfman<<<<<<< more news forthcoming>>>>

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckiecg » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:47 pm

that sounds awesome! can't wait to hear more...you're not likely to change it are you?
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

BakaNeko
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by BakaNeko » Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:17 pm

:D How cool! Spider-man has really great music. Danny Elfman's my hero. *.* lol.
:wav: I smile because I have no idea what's going on.

(flee! O.o)

crack it
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by crack it » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:56 am

well that seems like a fun show, but don't you think its really early to be making show decisions? I know Leigh didnt decide until a little into summer
ya

Zpull
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Zpull » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:32 am

Homesteads 2004 "Spiderhype"continues>>>>
Watch the latest Spider-man 2 movie trailers at>>>

http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/home/

There you'll find both the new trailer and an older"teaser"trailer with Elfmans music.

drum4life
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drum4life » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:43 pm

Looks like Homestead is copying Leigh's design methods... Why would you post links to the movie trailers when promoting a schools field show?

Zpull
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Zpull » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:02 am

drum4life wrote:Looks like Homestead is copying Leigh's design methods... Why would you post links to the movie trailers when promoting a schools field show?

Homestead has it's own "design methods". If it seems like "copying" that's your own opinion. Please remember Leigh high school is not the only program that selects scores from motion pictures. Many high schools as well as drum corps each year for years have been. For example, this season Magic of Orlando will be doing Pirates of the Caribbean so they may fall under your feelings of someone "copying Leigh's design methods" as well? I provided the link to this summers motion picture for Homestead along with ALL to share as this upcoming Spider-Man 2 which again will feature music by the famed Danny Elfman is sure to be as exciting if not more than the 1st film. :D

~Zpull "Remember with great power comes great responsibility"
Last edited by Zpull on Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

clusknay
Rookie
Rookie

Post by clusknay » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:26 am

Zpull wrote:Homestead has it's own "design methods". If it seems like "copying" that's your own opinion. As far as the link "teaser" of the upcoming movie that has some of Elfmans music that I wanted to share I'm sorry if I offened you and this board. I shouldn't have posted the link and put it up. :oops:
You tell em Zpull! That drum4life guy (avid Leigh follower) is just out runnin his mouth. But you know...I agree with him. hahahah

Here's why.

1. Homestead has been obliterated by Leigh over the past few years (NCBA) in every caption.

2. Homestead has also been slammed in the WBA circuit (where Leigh was not competing)

3. Why not go back to something where Homestead used to be a powerhouse with...back in the days of Phantom of the Opera, and the Planets. Something more long the lines the kids could actually grasp onto instead of...."MORE FABRIC!!!" "MORE FABRIC!!!"

4. Not saying at all that last years program was a mess or anything, but it's just a little hard (and does take a few years) to have the kids buy into what you are actually trying to accomplish,and changing the program to an entirely movie based theme where "this is where "this" happens in the movie," might prove to be a step back from where the program was heading. Easier, yes..."cooler?" Lame!

So, we'll see "what happens" this year I guess...

drum4life
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drum4life » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:37 am

clusknay... I'm running my mouth? It sure doesn't seem like it. But, yeah in a round about way it does sound like we agree. Looks like Homestead and maybe more of the NCBA is just playing follow the leader. Leigh has simply been dominant the past two years so I guess it's no surprise that people are copying their show designs. But with all the rumors about Leigh there maybe a changing of the guards so to speak this next marching band season.

clusknay
Rookie
Rookie

Post by clusknay » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:48 am

Aww SIK!

What happened?!?!

Zpull
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Zpull » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:42 am

clusknay wrote: Here's why.

1. Homestead has been obliterated by Leigh over the past few years (NCBA) in every caption.

2. Homestead has also been slammed in the WBA circuit (where Leigh was not competing)

3. Why not go back to something where Homestead used to be a powerhouse with...back in the days of Phantom of the Opera, and the Planets. Something more long the lines the kids could actually grasp onto instead of...."MORE FABRIC!!!" "MORE FABRIC!!!"

4. Not saying at all that last years program was a mess or anything, but it's just a little hard (and does take a few years) to have the kids buy into what you are actually trying to accomplish,and changing the program to an entirely movie based theme where "this is where "this" happens in the movie," might prove to be a step back from where the program was heading. Easier, yes..."cooler?" Lame!

So, we'll see "what happens" this year I guess...

The show will not be Spider-Man literally instead only the music will provide the vehicle for a unique show based on Radioactive Spiders but Thank You anyway for your interest in the Homestead program :D

~Zpull "Remember with great power comes great responsiblity"

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Wildabeast » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:15 am

drum4life wrote:Looks like Homestead is copying Leigh's design methods...
First of all, this is an arrogant and ignorant response. Leigh has not beaten Homestead forever. Leigh is NOT the first and foremost when it comes to show design (in talking about California marching bands in general). I've seen & heard much better TOTAL packages (Thousand Oaks 1997 comes to mind). Leigh may have had the upper hand the past couple years in NCBA field, but I don't see that success reflected in things like county honor band.

Bands don't copy Leigh. Bands do their own thing. That's what makes each one unique.

trumpeter84

Post by trumpeter84 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:32 am

Wildabeast wrote:
drum4life wrote:Leigh may have had the upper hand the past couple years in NCBA field, but I don't see that success reflected in things like county honor band.
dude. zero relevance. I think, with this being a marching band thread, he's probably talking in those terms.

besides...i don't think you know what the leigh program over has done over the past couple of years. their probably is a valid comparison as a whole, but again, we're talking in terms of marching programs.

drum4life
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drum4life » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:13 pm

Sure there are other bands that have done things different and better than Leigh. If you do look at the NCBA alone Leigh's influence is all over the place. I believe it was pretty clear that I'm talking about the NCBA.

Just as an example Leigh's 13th Hour show was one of the best designed high school band shows ever in the NCBA. They did stuff that year that I've never seen before.

The concert reference was totally out of context and not relevant.