band
40%
guard
60%

Total votes: 25

Colorguard Chick

Should I march guard or band?

Post by Colorguard Chick » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:33 pm

I'm having trouble deciding, I don't know what each is like because this is my first year I'm eligible 2 do both. We have these wool uniforms for marching band...and I have short sleeves for guard. Guard has 2 practices more than band though. Sum up some pros and cons 4 me please.
[center]<<...:...Rifle Romance...:...>>[/center]

BariSx_G
Veteran
Veteran

Post by BariSx_G » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:59 pm

You seem to love colorguard more.

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:05 pm

Well your forum name has Colorguard in it, so I'm guessing you already have been in colorguard for a year.

If thats the case, stick with Colorguard because you've already done it.

I can't really give you pros and cons...I only know marching band but since it seems like you've already done colorguard, I'd stick with it.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:07 pm

this is a really random topic, but i think you should do guard. 1st off, dont choose by the uniforms. now that we've settled that, you have to think of what you really have a passion for. you seem to enjoy guard more, but you could always be in band for field and spin during the winter. you really have to think of what you would love more. it seems like, in my band at least, guard is for the more fun-loving people. it is less structured. band is more structured and you have less of a chance to express yourself...think of what kind of person you are in that sense, but i am sure that you will love whichever you choose!

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:50 am

do gaurd and band different years, since its your first year you have 4 chances to try 2 things. OR see if you can do marching band during marching season and wintergaurd
WHS '05, UCSB '10
WOP OT Round 1 Picture Battle Champion!
WOP OT Mafia Game II: First ever mafia champions
http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/spam/

LHScg
New Recruit
New Recruit

lhscg

Post by LHScg » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:52 am

ummm well i don't know about doing winterguard first....it tends to be a great deal more pressure and stress especially if i think you said it was your first year so best to warm up with field. I've neevr marched in band but i did play and to tell you the truth guard sparked a passion in life i neevr thoguth possible after going through hobby upon hobby. i would recomend doing guard and always give it two years cuz yeah the frist year might jsut kick ur butt but (heheehe butt but) every moment of guard is completely worth it. like i said though havent marched band before so im biased(sp) :flush:

BlueStarMom
Veteran
Veteran

Band or Colorguard

Post by BlueStarMom » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:55 pm

I am a parent of a (previous) band member. I know it took approx. 2 weeks for my daughter to get the hang of marching and playing. Her close band buddy was in colorguard for 3 years.

Which do you like to do best? I am sure either one has its own share of hard work, and reaps its own rewards. Best of luck in making your decision. :D :D
BlueStarMom
:)

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:20 pm

which allows you to express yourself more? what gives you the most freedom and enjoyment? if you like both just do marching season and the winter guard. :D
Nothing is impossible with God!

Starky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Starky » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:43 pm

i think you should just do the thing you have more fun in. Its not like if you chose one your gonna miss out on all your frinds in band youll hang out with em i mean whats a bus trip for??
There is no reality in the absence of observation.

TUBA7
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by TUBA7 » Sun May 02, 2004 6:58 pm

bands better :shock:
"Every creature on Earth dies alone"-Donnie Darko

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Mon May 03, 2004 4:32 pm

what did you end up deciding?