Crosstown Rivals

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Gallagher
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Gallagher » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:45 am

Life as a whole has been built around this sense of competition, doesn't matter if its band, the business world, fast food chains, everything is built on competition. And for some reason we find a value in competition, or toping the rest. However in Music we would all benefit in finding the competition with ourselves, that's where the real rewards come from. Setting your realistic goals, and achieving them by hard work, is a lot more rewarding then getting a higher score then some other school. Cross-town rivals are just another version of the competition factor. It is not a bad thing to have a rivalry, it actually makes high school life exciting. However you can only achieve greatness by setting goals, and striving for excellence in everything you do.

John and Matt, I understand your feelings about Foothill, however saying they s--- is not appropriate and does not represent what the TMR stands for. Please post an apology to them and then you get to clean the band room tomorrow.

-Brian Gallagher
Asst. Director TMR

vmbronco
Rookie
Rookie

Rivals

Post by vmbronco » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:11 am

I go to Vista Murrieta HS, and on the other side of Murrieta is, of course, Murrieta Valley. Its pretty hard trying to distinguise yourself as a good band when u have a top-notch across the way. We are brand new, 1st year, freshman and 6 sophomores, so itll take us a while to actually start competing with them, but its more of a problem always standing in their shadow. Dont get me wrong, they r a great band, and we support them, but being so young, it is going to be tough to keep up.
"If I had a bazooka, I would blow a hole in the wall between us. If either or both of us survived, I'd ask you 'What's a girl like you doing in a place like this?'"
- Kurt Vonnegut