World of Pageantry

World of Pageantry

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:33 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:51 pm
Posts: 120
We have one cross town rival.. and from what I've seen, the bands are pretty respectful to each other. We are usually entered in different competitions, so we don't come in contact much.. but if we do, we cheer each other on. The football teams on the other hand.. not so much. They had a "Drop dead" sign when they played us at OUR stadium which I didn't find too respectful, but whatever. We kicked their butts.

_________________
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind. '04!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:34 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:17 pm
Posts: 33
Location: SUmWhErE
our cross town rival is san perdro, I go to Narbonne. Well i'm only a freshman but so far this marching season even though pedro wasn't in our divison we still make fun of them because they got 5th in their divison, and we got 2nd place in ours. but overall when our football team plays there's we always have our tiditional drum battle and i'm pretty sure we beat them. but overall each of us have respect for each other musically.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:58 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:44 pm
Posts: 704
Gallagher wrote:
Jordan and John, stop all this talk about the Tustin/Foothill rivalry, and go practice for goodness sake. Geez.

-Brian Gallagher
Asst. Director Tustin High School


See, I only posted once so I didnt get mentioned :P. Besides, I've been practicing while just readin all these posts, lol.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:29 am 
Offline
Section Leader
Section Leader
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2003 11:11 pm
Posts: 1229
Location: floor
TMR Quint Kid wrote:
Gallagher wrote:
Jordan and John, stop all this talk about the Tustin/Foothill rivalry, and go practice for goodness sake. Geez.

-Brian Gallagher
Asst. Director Tustin High School


See, I only posted once so I didnt get mentioned :P. Besides, I've been practicing while just readin all these posts, lol.


That's because drummers can practice everywhere. I was sitting on my friend because there was no chairs left and he started drumming out his cadence on my leg.

_________________
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.


Last edited by flagchild06 on Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:09 pm 
Offline
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:27 pm
Posts: 3510
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Back on topic guys...

My old school and our rival (literally cross town :wink: ) always had a respect for each other. We'd always be supporting one and another. It was great...but awhile back when I was a freshie, things weren't so good :( . Parents would often be disrespectful to the program (both ways), but those days are gone. :D

_________________
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:01 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:46 pm
Posts: 281
Location: Osaka, Japan
flagchild06 wrote:
That's because drummers can practice everywhere. I was sitting on my friend because there was no chairs left and he started drumming out his cadence on my leg.


Even though I did,never do it in class... drum that is.


[topic]
Riverside Ramona vs. JW North :twisted:
[/topic]

At least, this was how it was back when I was marching.
Froshman year, we were on top of them.
Senior year, they were on top of us... oh the pain, the sorrows...






hehe

_________________
Eddie E.
rccband.org Web Administrator
Ramona (Riverside) High School c/o 1999
Suita City Wind Ensemble - Clarinet


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:54 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:44 pm
Posts: 704
jordanfrausto wrote:
My favorite part of having a cross town rival is the satisfaction of knowing that you both share one common intrest and that is the passion for music. We don't tend to encounter our rivals because they are a street/parade band and we are a field band so we just feel that we both maintain a high level of quality for each one of our performances. I love going to my rivals concerts jazz mostly because it gives me the sense that they work just as hard if not harder then us and that is where I get my motivation. I work each and every day so that I may better if not equal my crosstown peers. I personaly feel a strong conncetion to my rival Foothill (santa ana) because I was suppose to go there but I just felt a stronger conncetion with the music program at tustin although all my friends left left me to attend foothill I still share a common respect for everyone no matter what school they attend


Well, we are all glad that you stuck with Tustin because you are a great player, a good guy, a great leader, and a big asset to the group. I would also like to take the chance to wish you good luck for Drum Major tryouts this year. I better get back to practicing so the Big B-Man doesn't yell at us again :roll:

Oh, and to keep this on topic: Foothill Sucks! haha (but the band rocks!)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:38 am 
Offline
Section Leader
Section Leader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 1030
Location: Tustin, CA
your right jordan.. but the point of it all is that foothill sucks.. and tustin will always be the best. = ) no contest.. hands down.. period... end of story...

(just dont compare drum majors.. becuase i know Tim and Jon both are hardcore.. im no where close to what they can do..)

_________________
Pumkin Pie Love..

SKA SKA SKA!

Cheer up emo kid... listen to ska!

Tustin High School TMR Drum Major 04-05


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:21 pm 
Offline
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:27 pm
Posts: 3510
Location: Yuma, Arizona
TMRQuintkid wrote:
Oh, and to keep this on topic: Foothill Sucks! haha (but the band rocks!)


Okay...this almost hints on deletion...
Band or no, please don't put down other schools.

TMRsaxyDM wrote:
your right jordan.. but the point of it all is that foothill sucks.. and tustin will always be the best. = ) no contest.. hands down.. period... end of story...


Right...that is not cool to say. Need I say why?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We'll not have anyone putting down other schools like that to make thier school that much better. Not only is that disrespectful to the other band, it makes *your* school look that much worse.

Joke or no, it ain't cool to say that.

_________________
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:36 pm
Posts: 2
Location: Bethlehem PA
There's only two high schools here and they're separated by one road/a ten minute drive. Freedom and Liberty. Our rivalry's only a legend and everyone in the valley blows it out of proportion. They think we're constantly fighting because of small incidents that used to happen.
Our bands represent the British and the colonists. We get the authentic Coldstream Guards uniforms with the real bearskins and belts and everything, and Freedom get the tri-cornered hats and such. We also have fanfare trumpets and bagpipers. They have a fife corps.
At the Freedom/Liberty football game, we always try to out-do eachother show-wise. We always spend a lot of money on the show and the music is often left behind the special effects, but it's kinda cool. This year, we had violin players, pyrotechnics, British flags and a 'rock band'.
Up until this year, we use to have nice amusing message signs during 3rd quarter that would make fun of eachother. But we were only allowed five signs this year. So Ms Z, our uniform lady who's also Freedom's assistant director's mother, wore a kilt, a Freedom fife corps coat (American patriot) and dyed her hair red blue black and gold. It was pretty nifty.
Our bands are very competetive, and Freedom's only beaten us once, ever.
Their directors boast "PA's largest collection of 2nd place trophies."
We're also the only high school band in the world to play with the Coldstream Guards, so a lot of Freedom people are jealous of that.
But other than that, we're really friendly with eachother. I'm on the swim team, and our pool cracked. So we swim at Freedom and a lot of band kids are on their team. We're all best friends. Their coach coached us during pre-season when our old coaching staff resigned, and he'll do the same for post-season. Their assistant coach is also teacher at our school.
The parents are more disrespectful than we are. It's all a big joke. We all love eachother and use eachother as a reason to get better.
Sorry I'm rambling... But I'm in a band mood. Concerts are this weekend (costing approx. 10 grand....) and we go to England in 28 days. Retired Sergeant Major Coates is guest playing trumpet/cornet and Major Jones composed two pieces for us (Spirit of Scotland and Suite for Liberty) that he's conducting in England. (We're debuting his works on Friday!!) I'm nervous about both. :D


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:53 pm 
Offline
Section Leader
Section Leader
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2003 11:11 pm
Posts: 1229
Location: floor
Our crosstown rivals kind of hate us. El Toro tends to turn more animosity our way than sportsmanship. We don't really get it, but I guess it's just in the water..

_________________
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
  http://www.worldofpageantry.com Copyright © 1996 - 2006 Email:  admin@worldofpageantry.com  

Site design and maintenance by Dave Schaafsma at Dave's Web Dynamics