Crosstown Rivals

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:28 am

TMR Quint Kid wrote:I know many people at foothill whom I am friends with, we get along fine, we crack jokes about it every once in a while, but we are not getting into a full-on war. Usually schools have rival schools to raise the spirit of the students to show school spirit and pride.

Jordan, ease up, you're not the next Ghandi of TUSD. We can still have a little fun by making remarks about them, and still be able to respect them. I know that they do the same thing also, it's sort of a mutual agreement between schools in order to raise the students spirits and pride.
It's more fun to have rivals. Our sections in our band rival just to make it more interesting. It's not like we disrespect eachother or our rival band, it's just kind of like a pride thing.
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:43 pm

I got a private message about concern over this post. After reading everything there doesn't seem to be anything disrespectful said in terms of band relations. TMRSax did say he has respect for the other band. Seeing as this is a band related forum people could care less if you don't like the other school as long as you respect their band.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:34 pm

ohs25147 wrote:a girl from our rival schools guard tried to steal my boyfriend.....
Things like this make me wish I was a boy.

Usually it's innerband stealing relationship things. I donno, I've never stolen a boyfriend or wanted to. :?
Uh-oh for life!

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:34 pm

ohs25147 wrote:yeah some girls in our band have tried to steal him to but she came closest to it actually happening!!
thats got nothing to do w/ the rivalery we're talking about! we're talking about like saying who's school is better and who's mascott is better,ect. things like that.not some girl from there tried to steal my b.f.come on l.g! :roll:
Nothing is impossible with God!

TMRsaxyDM
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by TMRsaxyDM » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:32 pm

[UCI]-Mike wrote:I got a private message about concern over this post. After reading everything there doesn't seem to be anything disrespectful said in terms of band relations. TMRSax did say he has respect for the other band. Seeing as this is a band related forum people could care less if you don't like the other school as long as you respect their band.
exactly....

hate the school...

hardcore respect the band = )
Pumkin Pie Love..

SKA SKA SKA!

Cheer up emo kid... listen to ska!

Tustin High School TMR Drum Major 04-05

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:42 pm

If I had to moderate becuz of rivalries then I would also have to censor some of the USC/UCLA stuff that was posted before. As long as rivalries are in the "USC/UCLA" high school aspect I'm ok with it.

On a sidenote it's really annoying reading the USC/UCLA rivalry stuff when it's coming from HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS. If you go to those colleges then fine I can understand where you are coming from. Most of the time though when a high school student posts about USC/UCLA it's becuz they have staff at the band from either college so the influence is there.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:27 pm

which boy r we talking about?there are sooooooooooooooooooo many of them lol. j/k :wink:
Nothing is impossible with God!

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:32 pm

This is what makes me wish I was a boy. I want girls to fight over me, :wink: , but then I'd have no fun flirting with Matt...
Uh-oh for life!

TMRsaxyDM
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by TMRsaxyDM » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:17 pm

altogirl can you please edit your post so it doesnt change the size of the window.. thanks = )
Pumkin Pie Love..

SKA SKA SKA!

Gallagher
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Gallagher » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:45 am

Jordan and John, stop all this talk about the Tustin/Foothill rivalry, and go practice for goodness sake. Geez.

-Brian Gallagher
Asst. Director Tustin High School

TMRsaxyDM
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by TMRsaxyDM » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:39 pm

i agree.. theres nothing that can be done the rivalry wil alwyas be there.. so im going to go practise so we are better thn them and just not talkig about it.. = )
Pumkin Pie Love..

SKA SKA SKA!