formermarcher I have a question.

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Frank

formermarcher I have a question.

Post by Frank » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:47 am

You seem to blow a lot of smoke on these forums. And I dont think I am the only one who agrees when I say, you like to hear yourself talk. There have been many post on these boards that you have locked and it has been uncalled for. You say bands should use their websites to advertise, but part of having forums is to advertise and discuss about these bands. How else would us forum go-ers know about these bands and events had they not been posted in the first place. I know some people on these boards do like to post about their bands or other bands, but has it occured to you, that some students really do want feedback about their bands from others who may have seen them. Forums are meant for healthy discussion, and I dont think you as a moderator are allowing that in some cases. A lot of these post you have locked, have been simply healthy topics. I would suggest you take a page from the other moderators and learn what is heated and what is not. I've never decided to make this screen name, and post until now, because I am tired of you using your power to try to lock post. I'm sure you are going to lock this one, but it wont stop people from agreeing with me, or disagreeing, let alone reading it. Everytime I see your name in a post, its because you are a) locking it, b) trying to digress it, or c) just being a complete mean guy.

I know there are others who agree with me, so dont be affraid to post here, formermarcher needs to be dealt with and reprimanded for his power hungry attitude.

I've created a poll to show you, how many people potentially wish to see your status as moderator taken away. I strongly believe that you have taken your job a little too far, and should think about how you are. Take a page from the other moderators who are RESPECTED on these forums. Delete my screen name if you wish, but I will return, so dont waste your time.

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:57 am

No, I'm not about to argue this with you.

I'll notice you've posted only once...which would be the post you've just made. Furthermore, you signed up in the early hours of the 28th, which means you really haven't been here too long. I'll also notice you leave no gender, age, location, or any information in which one might use to identify you, save e-mail, which you need to sign up on this webpage.

I'm sorry you feel the way that you do...and I'm sorry you didn't take this over PM. But if you want to do this publicly, then so be it. Now had you really been upset about this, you would have either PM'd myself (as just stated) or Bandmaster (who is the head guy here).

My conclusion...you are just some guy (or girl) who has nothing better to do with his or her time than give other people a hard time.

So we'll have the poll...I promise you I won't do anything about it or the thread...if this thread is locked or deleted its due to another mod, or perhaps one of the administrators. Now I'm not about to vote in it either, but if you want to round up your buddies to make me look bad, you do that. In the end, the head guy gets the last word. Complain about it all you will, but you seem to react very strongly by promising me you'll be back if your account is deleted (which by the way, mods can't do...only admins).

Again, my apologies if you've been offended after a whole few hours of being on the website.

And my apologies to the people of WoP who have to put up with this.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:25 am

No problem, I'll step up to the plate.

I locked this thread (and debated deleting it) because it's completely unnecessary and uncalled for. If you want to start a fight, do it in email. If you have a problem with ANYONE on these forums, moderator or otherwise, PM or email other moderators or the big man himself, Dave (Bandmaster).

Don't air your personal grievances in the forums. That's not what they're here for.