Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

teacherken
Veteran
Veteran

May Festival in Southern California

Post by teacherken » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:21 pm

Hello all...

Is your ensemble looking for a late spring festival? Let me invite you to one on May 22/23 in San Diego, CA.

First of all, let me say that I am a band director and not a representative of the festival company. But over the last 12+ years I have participated with almost every festival company out there, and none have been as consistently valuable as this one.

Excellent performance venues, exceptional adjudicators (they have even brought in WGI judges just for our indoor guard and drum line performances), meaningful awards, and educationally valuable tapes and clinics are just a few of the reasons. Would you prefer sight-reading? That is available as well.

Buena will be taking its Wind Ensemble, Concert Band, Concert Choir, String Orchestra, Jazz Ensemble, Winterguard, Marching Percussion Ensemble, Concert Percussion Ensemble, and possibly our parade band to this festival. Balboa Middle School will be accompanying us with their Wind Ensemble and String Orchestra.

If you are looking for a quality festival adjudication this year, consider joining us at this premier event.

For information, contact Kurt at Festivals of Music, 1-800-323-0974

Ken Hoffman
Director of Music
Buena High School
Ventura, CA

The views expressed above are those of the author only and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Buena High School or the Ventura Unified School District.
Ken Hoffman
Director
El Camino Real HS