Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

BlueStarMom
Veteran
Veteran

Band Uniforms

Post by BlueStarMom » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:47 am

What band has the "coolest" uniforms?

What do you like about the uniform and why?
BlueStarMom
:)

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:13 am

I'd say the Marine Corps dress blues look great. It's simple yet pimp looking. Add the cap and that band looks intimidating.

I've always liked the cookie cutter band uniforms that look like West Point cadets. Something along the lines of The Cadets looks good except not in the ugly maroon brown color.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:06 pm

My Band's uniforms are the best. We look exactly like the blue devils except we dont have the shiny black stuff on our jackets but we have the silver sash across our chest and the blue jacket with the black shakos and black plumes. we have black pants too. Well if you see a picture of BD jus picture their uniforms without the black on the jacket. :)

drumrgrl

band uniforms

Post by drumrgrl » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:05 pm

I really like Murrieta's uniforms this year. The mirrors on the shakos and the shiny breastplates are really cool visuals. I think our band director did a good job designing them. I really like a lot of different band's uniforms. I really like RBV's.

BlueStarMom
Veteran
Veteran

Band Uniforms

Post by BlueStarMom » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:38 am

Yes I also thought Murrieta Valley's uniforms were cool, and I liked those mirrors too. They were a great visual. 8-)
BlueStarMom

MHSTrTu

Post by MHSTrTu » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:53 am

At Moorpark we have the mirrors on the shakos too. The judges love them in field and parade. Our uniforms are pretty cool. I like Santa Clara Vanguards Uniforms which are very common, but I like their colors and especially their hats.

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:02 pm

This topic has already sort of started about High Schools: Favorite HS Uniforms

But yeah I like the old Phantom Regiment Uniforms (cuz we bought their uniforms off them :P ) I also like Cavies and SCVs (and the new Phantom Uni)

BlueStarMom
Veteran
Veteran

Band Uniforms

Post by BlueStarMom » Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:22 am

Thanks for the heads up. I was remiss in checking that this was not already a previously posted topic.

BlueStarMom

Music Education
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Music Education » Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:00 am

Center Grove HS (Greenwood, IN) - I like them because they are innovative, simple, and dont have a lot of banter all over them (the typical flashy look). You can also add and take away ornamentation on them. Most of all, you arent restricted to the type of shows you can do in the uniform.

Simple jacket (white/black) with a grey color stripe across the chest, with the letters embroidered on the left breast "CG". (Mission Viejos uniform look similar to it)

MalletMusic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalletMusic » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:03 pm

Band:
Mission Viejo: simple, looks great
Ronald Reagan: once again, simple, and im a fan of the tall "fat" plumes (ala Capital Regiment D&BC)
Rancho Buena Vista: like the reflector stuff on the parade and field unis

drum corps:
Carolina Crown
SCVanguard
Phantom Regiment (2003)

PercussionAndAllThatJazz
Rookie
Rookie

White

Post by PercussionAndAllThatJazz » Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:59 pm

I love Phantom's new uniforms, they look amazing, and it really makes a great visual when everyone is together. Black seems to hide mistakes more easily, and it is much more forgiving.
Apparently, mirrored shakos are really popular (hehe, I like ours too).

I really love our new uniforms (HBHS), since we all love our own :lol: , plus it's just so easy to get attached! They are white bottoms and the bottom half of the tops are white, then we have a "liquid silver (or is it sequin?)" bodrick across the middle, and above that is orange. Then we have white and silver gauntlets and white shakos with mirrors (great for blinding unsuspecting people) and 16" plumes (white and silver). It all looks really clean together, although the prospect of stains is terrifying.
That's probably the biggest downside to the white uniform. We can't kneel, ever, nor really sit down, unless we sit on our bags, but it's easier to stand.

I also like Aliso Niguels uniforms, just because they are so simple, yet it pulls together so nicely.
Personally, I feel like shakos are a bother, as uniform as they may look...and cowboy hats are SO rad! *pardon me for not knowing what they are really called, but they really are neat looking*
-Resa-
Impulse DM 2006

Hart_Quads11

Post by Hart_Quads11 » Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:51 pm

Hart High's unis rock!!!!

MalletMusic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalletMusic » Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:03 am

...and cowboy hats are SO rad! *pardon me for not knowing what they are really called, but they really are neat looking*
They're called 'aussies.'