Riverside King - A rare perfect Parade Season...

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

vore
Support Staff
Support Staff

Riverside King - A rare perfect Parade Season...

Post by vore » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:50 pm

The Riverside King Band & Color Guard just completed an extremely rare season of parade band by receiving the Sweepstakes and Music Award at the SCSBOA adjudicated Perris Parade on Saturday, December 13, 2003.

During the 2003 marching season, this unit received the Band Sweepstakes award at every SCSBOA band review and parade they attended. This rarely happens to a SCSBOA band! (Read my book when it comes out in 2004.)

The students, parents, administration and staff have every reason to feel proud of their accomplishments during the first semester of this school year.

A tip of the hat and kudos to the Riverside King program and their talented director - Mr. Charles Gray!

vore
"Educators are teachers who have taken an easy subject and made it difficult."

kkeonih667
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by kkeonih667 » Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:01 pm

yes that is wonderful.....but who did they compete against because they didn't win Mt. Carmel, Chino, or Arcadia the three biggest parade compitions in SCSBOA. It is a great accomplishment don't get me wrong but they didn't compete against the best of the best. Kudos and great job.

vore
Support Staff
Support Staff

negativity...

Post by vore » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:09 pm

And the point of the negativity is?

Congrats come on the W of P site in many forms... Is there something wrong with giving kudos to a group of students that have surpassed the goals of their director? Must one put in their "yeah, but...."?

I suggest you might take a more "pro-active" approach to the entire marching band activity than one of the "Monday morning quarterback/director".

As a former high school band director whose bands have won the Long Beach All-Western, Arcadia, Mt. Carmel and T of C Band Reviews, I can tell you that any competitive year that one goes undefeated on the street is a good one... All competitions are relevant to the bands involved whether that band is a heavy, middle or light weight.

If you were a present or former band director, you would understand that if a certain set of goals that you have set for your students are reached or surpassed within a given year, you have had a great year!

vore

W of P moderator
"Educators are teachers who have taken an easy subject and made it difficult."

kkeonih667
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by kkeonih667 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:33 am

very sorry. I do apologize to King for my comment. as a past member of an undefeated band i know what the accomplishment feels like. I dont mean to take anything away from their accomplishment. Great job again and please forgive me. Keep working hard and feel proud about what you have done! Kudos again!

Shorty41
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Shorty41 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:05 pm

Great Job King.. You guys are doing awesome.. Keep up the good work!
Rubidoux HS: Bass 2~

mightyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mightyhorn » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:33 pm

WOW
WHAT A GREAT JOB IN SUCH A SHORT TIME!!
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT IS IN STORE FOR YOU NEXT YEAR