Leigh Staff for 2004???

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Smiling_Marcher
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Smiling_Marcher » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:20 pm

clari83 I'm not so sure your a member of Leigh High School b/c no one at Leigh ever calls our director "Mr. Alipaz." Anyways, just because some of our staff is working at other schools right now doesn't mean they won't come back to Leigh come Marching time. After all they have bills to pay and only work with leigh during the marching season. Which leaves them with a lot of time where they don't get paid unless they get another job. Hence, they work at other places while working with the marching band. Since they all love music so much I wouldn't be surprised if they got jobs at another school till the season kicks back in....if it kicks back in.... And even if they didn't I'm sure our director would find another team just as good, however hard that would most prove to certianly be.
The season may be through but the memories will keep playing.

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:27 pm

smd89 wrote:this may be out of line but..
why is everyone so damn intrigued with the status of leighs instructors?!
whatever they do is their bands business
Not out of line at all...
You have a very valid question.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

drum4life
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drum4life » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:28 pm

I think people are interested because if it is true that the whole staff is leaving (or as said by a Leigh member, already left) it would be a big blow to a very good program. A program that I'm sure we could all agree that has produced some very VERY entertaining field shows in the past few years. I've heard things myself but no facts...

clusknay
Rookie
Rookie

Post by clusknay » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:34 pm

formermarcher wrote:
smd89 wrote:this may be out of line but..
why is everyone so damn intrigued with the status of leighs instructors?!
whatever they do is their bands business
Not out of line at all...
You have a very valid question.
Okay, then why when this forum is primarily based on the west coast are their threads on adding another BOA show in Texas of all places.

Dude, it's a forum, AND this particular thread IS pertaining to the correct portion of this forum. If you don't want to read/post, then all you have to do is click on the "back button" at the top of your browser and read another thread. It's really quite simple.

So in response to SMD89. Who cares. Why did you feel the need to care? Follow the lead with Former, and go reply to the "killing whatever game" over in the off topic thread or something.

Peace out.

Khan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Khan » Tue May 04, 2004 11:32 pm

Well, here's one shocker that is now officially not a rumor. Today, Rich Alipaz formally announced that he will not be returning as the band director at Leigh next Fall. Rich is taking another position within the same school district at Branham High School as their activities director. One of Rich's goals is to be a school administrator, and this move is a big step in that direction.

This loss is obviously a big one to Leigh's music program, but before anyone announces their obituary, everyone should know that Rich will be very involved in the process of finding a successor. I've no doubt that he'll see to it that a very competent replacement is found.

Needless to say, big changes are in store at Leigh. But, I do hope the rumor mongers out their will hold their tongues about the future of Leigh's music department until announcements are made by school officials.

I know I'm not alone when I wish Rich the best of luck in his new endeavor. He can not be thanked enough for all he's done for so many by sharing his passion for music.

Khan

ps ... Rich won't disappear from the NCBA as he still plans on judging at marching band competitions next fall!
It's better to look good than to feel good.

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Wildabeast » Tue May 04, 2004 11:53 pm

Wow. WOW.

The program isn't dead, maybe more in limbo. Good luck to Rich in his new endeavor, and good luck to Leigh in finding a successor to keep it's music program alive. Don't let the music die!

muzicgirly20o

Post by muzicgirly20o » Wed May 05, 2004 11:48 am

As I said earlier...........LHS Marching Band RIP!!!!!! First no staff, now no director.

crack it
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by crack it » Wed May 05, 2004 2:36 pm

clari83 wrote:As I said earlier...........LHS Marching Band RIP!!!!!! First no staff, now no director.
wow lets not be negative here.

There's still a chance that marching band for Leigh could still happen. I know that they are already looking for different directors for next year. So we're praying that the district is kind to us and lets us have it, despite the seventh period issue, and that we can hire a replacement soon!
ya

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckiecg » Wed May 05, 2004 2:55 pm

Khan wrote:Well, here's one shocker that is now officially not a rumor. Today, Rich Alipaz formally announced that he will not be returning as the band director at Leigh next Fall. Rich is taking another position within the same school district at Branham High School as their activities director. One of Rich's goals is to be a school administrator, and this move is a big step in that direction.

This loss is obviously a big one to Leigh's music program, but before anyone announces their obituary, everyone should know that Rich will be very involved in the process of finding a successor. I've no doubt that he'll see to it that a very competent replacement is found.

Needless to say, big changes are in store at Leigh. But, I do hope the rumor mongers out their will hold their tongues about the future of Leigh's music department until announcements are made by school officials.

I know I'm not alone when I wish Rich the best of luck in his new endeavor. He can not be thanked enough for all he's done for so many by sharing his passion for music.

Khan

ps ... Rich won't disappear from the NCBA as he still plans on judging at marching band competitions next fall!
was it really necessary to share this piece of information with rest of the world? (!!!) i don't see why it's anybody's business knowing what goes on with the school's music program...but now that's out there, i shall say that i choose to agree with crack it...other than that i have nothing else to say
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

Khan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Khan » Wed May 05, 2004 6:49 pm

luckiecg said:
was it really necessary to share this piece of information with rest of the world? (!!!) i don't see why it's anybody's business knowing what goes on with the school's music program...but now that's out there, i shall say that i choose to agree with crack it...other than that i have nothing else to say
My apologies as I know Leigh students are very upset over this news, and it certainly is not my intention to rub salt into their wounds. I made this public announcement because I wanted the news presented plainly and truthfully without any rumors or assumptions attached to it.

There's already enough wild speculation and gossip in this thread and I didn't think it needed more fuel as the news leaked out.

Khan
It's better to look good than to feel good.

Smiling_Marcher
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Smiling_Marcher » Wed May 05, 2004 9:47 pm

1) Clari83, that was an extreamly rude comment!!!! Though it will be a extreamly hard to move on past Rich, my fellow band mates and I shall try to keep things alive. Admitted, the new band director will have some big shoes to fill, but things will work itself out. The threat now is wrather or not the district will close down our marching band. (And please retract the statment that you are a member of leigh b/c your not and you know it.)

2) Khan, I agree. Despite the fact that it hurts to think about Rich being gone next year, simply b/c of how much he's done for me personally. Not to mention to the Music Program at Leigh. I'm still glad it came from you (a close member to this issue) and not from a thousand little people and thier rumors and the people then exploding and all chaos breaking out.

3) I will miss Rich endlessly next year. He's a wonderful man, and now that I've calmed down on the whole matter, I wish him the best of luck in reaching his goals. Because, as a friend of mine pointed out to me in an attempt to get me to calm down, Rich has always taught us to reach for our dreams. And this is his, we should encourage him.
The season may be through but the memories will keep playing.

Miss A
New Recruit
New Recruit

CUHSD and Leigh

Post by Miss A » Thu May 06, 2004 8:44 am

To all CUHSD music students and parents,

DO NOT wait to see what the district will LET you do, and do not be satisfied with words that come without action. This is your education, your parents pay for it with their tax money and the district needs to provide what you ask for. The district administration needs to listen to what the students and parents want and if they can't deliver, then I'm sure parents act on their students behalf in the next election. It is your education, you pay for it, you should have what you need.

Respectfully,
Miss A
Biscuit !!!!!!!!
Never try to teach a pig to sing.
It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.

clusknay
Rookie
Rookie

Post by clusknay » Thu May 06, 2004 12:51 pm

Last I had heard, marching band could be run as an activity, and doesn't have to have an official class period. So...that being said, what education are you talking about being stripped from the program Miss A.???

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckiecg » Thu May 06, 2004 2:35 pm

Khan wrote:My apologies as I know Leigh students are very upset over this news, and it certainly is not my intention to rub salt into their wounds. I made this public announcement because I wanted the news presented plainly and truthfully without any rumors or assumptions attached to it.

There's already enough wild speculation and gossip in this thread and I didn't think it needed more fuel as the news leaked out.

Khan
well, now that i've calmed down a bit...i would like to share my apologies. i was a little sensitive to this issue like said, and i'm sorry that burst out. after reading your post, i agree that it's better coming from you than from any others. no harm done? :wink:
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

Miss A
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Miss A » Thu May 06, 2004 3:45 pm

I am talking about one less choice of electives means less population for the entire music program at all CUHSD schools. It means fewer classes are going to be offered which will create more conflicts. After school works for some, but not for others, especially if they have a job. Keep in mind I am thinking not just about Leigh, but Branham and the other schools that my kids feed to. I have several former students that are trying to take multiple music classes because that is the career they want to pursue but because of the new restrictions they are not able to. The new restrictions will also make it harder for students to meet minimum admission requirements for UC schools.
Biscuit !!!!!!!!
Never try to teach a pig to sing.
It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.