Shocked!!!!!!!!!

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why?

Post by Bandmaster » Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:20 pm

Survivor wrote:Hey all well I'm more of an SCSBOA fan my slef but I like the WBA way of marching and puting a cool show togeather a lot like drum corp. Well so back to the point of all of this. I was going to post this on the " WBA all upside down" but it was locked...(wonder why :? )
That thread was locked because it was just a repeat of a comment already made in this thread by the same person.
bigbrownpersian wrote:All I have to say is that Thousand Oaks beat Mission Viejo twice before WBA championships.
No need to have two threads talking about the same thing.
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:56 pm

MHSpitchick wrote:Survivor-- I think you're talking about Ayala...right?
Yes

CrimsonCadetClarinet

Post by CrimsonCadetClarinet » Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:26 pm

Like in all competions that are judge, consistancy is something rare. whether it be band or figure skating a lot a crap flies. Like my band who consistantly beat the band who we lost 1st place champs to. I dunno what point im trying to make but i needed this concluding sentance.

lilmvsabre
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by lilmvsabre » Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:39 pm

first off, congrads to all bands competing. about thousand oaks beating mission- mission hadn't finished their show each time TO beat them. and at TOs home competition, mission took 4 captions, but lost because of a penalty for not having their show finished. i personally loved clovis and ayala's show, and since i'm from mission, i guess i loved ours too. but i think that all of the top 3 bands had a great shot at winning 1rst that night, and it just came down to who had the best run. being on the field, marching mission, there was a sense of unity and energy that i hadn't felt all season. i didn't get to see ayala or clovis's show that night, but i'm sure they were also good. and i loved ayala's ladders and guard's uniforms. anyways, best of luck to everyone next year and happy holidays.

clusknay
Rookie
Rookie

hearing...

Post by clusknay » Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:37 am

Tuba 7...

well...try not to believe what others are saying...all you, and your band for that matter can do...is go out an perform. Besides, scores should be secondary, right? How did your band perform? And...was that satisfying?

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:31 am

well said clusknay
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

sokkerboie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sokkerboie » Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:59 pm

One thing i think you fail to mention when you get upset of descrepancies in scores and placements is that you are not an expert and can't necessarily look at an entire show (brass, winds, percussion, colorguard, GE). That is whey judges specialize in ONE area.....its just not possible for someone to process an entire show.

So, yes, you may have thought that the woodwinds should have won, but what about the percussion, color guard, ge, etc.........there are MANY various parts that lead to a "win".
Talent is not only a blessing, it is a burden, as the gifted ones will soon find out - Vince Lombardi