congrats to bands who attended at Long Beach

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

bandfan1022

congrats to bands who attended at Long Beach

Post by bandfan1022 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:50 am

I just wanted to say that you guys did a good job at the championships and I wish you all luck next year!

Mr Pageantry
Veteran
Veteran

Long Beach Scsboa Show Was Terrific

Post by Mr Pageantry » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:49 pm

:wav: The World of Pageantry was at the Long Beach veterans Stadium Show.. we were busy with the Buttons and Tags all day and night (it was really cold most of the time).... I did jog into the stands to see each band for a few moments to get a taste of the quality... It was a terrific show for the spectators and for band fans... :lurk: We met and spoke with hundreds and hundreds of band members, booster parents, and directors through the day.. and the consensus was that every band did their very best.. and every show was at its peak.... I pity the poor adjudicators :compute: who have to make very difficult decisions.. but even the judges I spoke to said the bands sounded excellent and every show was perhaps the best they had seen through the season for the groups they observed... :kiss:
The Season is OVER folks.. its time to sit back and enjoy the results of our hard work.... Congratulations to all perticipating band members, staff, and boosters for working so hard to present such a memorable day for all of us... as I have said many times (and as Ryan Turner has also said many times)... Let's hear it for everyone :cheers: ... In Marching Band when it comes to the finals we have NO LOSERS... every band, colorguard, drum line, and drum major who marched can be proud.... To the thousands of fans.. THANXXX for the wonderful applause and appreciation....

Harvey@worldofpageantry.com
:wav:

BlueStarMom
Veteran
Veteran

Re SCSBOA Long Beach

Post by BlueStarMom » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:42 pm

I personally attended only Class 5A. I am so glad I am not an adjudicator. What a difficult task.

Based on the qualifying scores the top 4 in 5A were Granada Hills, Murrieta Valley, Los Altos and John W North. I was excited for the BSR to be crowned champion.

Each band was unique. I was just a spectator this year, without a band member. I just sat back, relaxed and enjoyed myself immensly.

I did have the pleasure of meeting Harvey. What a nice gentlemen indeed! :king:

So hats off to everyone from marching units, to pit crews, to the booster parents. :D

The Loara band parents did a good job except they ran out of programs. :(
BlueStarMom
:)