GGUSD Band Showcase

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

shagadalex
Rookie
Rookie

GGUSD Band Showcase

Post by shagadalex » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:22 pm

Congratulations to all of the Garden Grove Unified School District bands for their awesome performances at the Showcase of Bands. Rancho Alamitos, Santiago, Bolsa Grande, Garden Grove, La Quinta, Los Amigos, and Pacifica all performed their field shows / standstills in front of a generous crowd.
The bands watched each others' shows and showed a great deal of appreciation, encouragement, and unity towards each other. All in all, it was a very pleasant event and I thank all the directors, students, and parents for making it so.
I'd especially like to thank the Santiago Marching Cavalier Band and Colorguard for putting on a great show even without a drill, as well as Mr. Bañagas and our parent volunteers for helping us sound so good. We couldn't have done it without you.
If anyone was there and would like to add comments on the bands, please do!
Alex
Santiago High School Marching Cavaliers C/O 2004

old double reeder
New Recruit
New Recruit

Showcase thoughts

Post by old double reeder » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:53 pm

Hey Alex -

Last night was great - everything we wanted it to be when we started planning this on a cold, rainy day in February.

The bands were great - the volunteers were numerous - and the stands were full of folks just enjoying an evening of musical entertainment.

The Santiago Boosters were an incredible force last night; I'm so glad your band has families like the Blevins on board - freshman parents who get involved are the best!!

A favorite for me personally would have to be the Star Spangled Banner - a special arrangement by one of our directors, performed by 6 of our high school directors and 1 junior high director. That will be on the DVD :D

Kerri
La Quinta Booster Pres...& very tired Showcase planner