Did you know that nearly 1 in 4 bands go home with a cash prize at our competition? That could be your band!
We will once again be giving away $22,000 worth of cash prizes. We want everyone to have a chance to win some money, which is why we have broken our competition into three competing classes, where one grand prize winner will win $10,000!
Your school will soon be receiving a packet from the LA County Fair including a hard-copy of the application, rules, fundraiser information, calendar, and judging criteria. If you don't receive our packet, feel free to contact us so we can check the address we have on file for your school to ensure you get our packets in the future.
You can also fill out an online application that can be submitted electronically to us via our website at [url]http:/www.lacountyfair.com/highschoolmarchingband[/url]
Why should you apply?
- There are no entry fees for our competition.
- Additionally, your students can enjoy a free day at the Fair on the day of your competition.
- Our participants receive feedback from SCSBOA-affiliated judges.
- We have great prizes – nine cash prizes to be exact, ranging from $500-$10,000 (yes, you read that right!)
- We offer a fundraising program to help you with any associated costs.
Preliminary Competition Dates: (Your band does not need to be affiliated with a city to participate, nor do you need to participate on the day your city is being celebrated if it does not fit into your scheduling) (Some cities may have pending dates - please check with your local officials if you would like to participate with your city but do not see it listed)
- Friday, August 31st – Pomona Day
- Wednesday, September 5th
- Thursday, September 6th – Upland Day
- Friday, September 7th – San Dimas Day
- Wednesday, September 12th – Glendora Day
- Thursday, September 13th – Diamond Bar & Claremont Day
- Friday, September 14th – Rowland Heights Day
- Wednesday, September 19th – La Verne & Chino Day
- Friday, September 21st
For those of you that prefer hard copies and did not receive a packet by mail, fret not, we have them all linked on the website for download and we are still accepting applications via mail, scanned copies, and fax. (If you are faxing us an application, be sure to check with us that we received it!)
Applications must be submitted by June 8th.
Thank you for your continued support of our event! As always, we hope you are as excited as we are about this year’s competition! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
All the best to you and your band in the upcoming season,
The Entertainment Department
LA County Fair