Diamond Bar

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

tuba_king79

Diamond Bar

Post by tuba_king79 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:58 pm

I just wanted to take a minute to appreciate what Diamond Bar Band has contributed to parade marching.

From 2014, the year that they first won Arcadia BR, to 2016, their third victory, Diamond Bar has continuously pushed forward and renewed the excitement on the streets that parallels bands like Arcadia in the early 2000s.

Other bands, color guards, and drum majors are all aspiring to reach your level, and the entire sport of parade marching seems to be evolving because of your 3 exciting years of victories. As a former marching band member (I marched back in the 90s), I grew bored of parade marching for a while since I didn’t really see the energy there, but Diamond Bar (and their rivalry with RK) is really bringing the fire back to the streets.

Your performance at Arcadia in 2015 (which I watched at the venue) was the very first parade performance that gave me goosebumps from the drum major's starting routine to the last rank passing the end line.

Keep growing, Diamond Bar, and know that you’re the band that revived my passion for parade marching as well as so many other veterans.

MusicStorm

Re: Diamond Bar

Post by MusicStorm » Tue May 22, 2018 11:10 pm

This comment is a little late but after graduating from Diamond Ranch HS, just a few miles ways away, last year I enjoyed playing with DBHS on the street. After each Band Review they were always the talk of the band. I agree, their fine development in musicality and technical skill raised the bar that pushed underdog schools to strive for the most.

I do not discredit the achievements of other bands where in general the average scores to me have appeared to be improving. Of course at the end of the day I support my alma mater. Go Panthers!!!