Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

PGOK
Section Leader
Section Leader

2017 Cupertino TOB Cancelled

Post by PGOK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:17 am

The following is from the Cupertino website

2017 TOB Cancelled

I just received word from our FUHSD Superintendent that all outdoor school activities have been cancelled through the weekend, including tomorrow's football game and TOB, due to the poor air quality.

Although I am deeply disappointed, considering the disasters others are enduring, I am grateful for our well being and ask that we keep those who who have been impacted by the fires in our thoughts and prayers.

Thanks to all who already put in work and to those who planned to volunteer. I would also like to especially give my greatest appreciation to Erin Au and Ed Siarot, for going above and beyond in preparing for this weekend.
“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”

— Groucho Marx

JLGORMAN
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: 2017 Cupertino TOB Cancelled

Post by JLGORMAN » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:24 am

I am very sorry to hear about the cancellation. Our part of the nation understands quite well the sacrifices that take place during periods of disaster and calamity. The weather will get better and the fires will stop. We now have schools and Bands competing after returning to areas that have been flooded and destroyed. Be glad that your administration worried enough about the air quality that they cancelled these events. We have found out here in TX, that missing several football games is not the end of the world, nor is having a marching contest cancelled due to schools not being able to field Bands.

Our prayers our with those in the West that are dealing with this ongoing tragedy.
Deep in the Heart of Texas. Home of the III Mobile Armored Corps and the 1st Cavalry Division, serving America in Iraq