|World of Pageantry
|LA County Fair High School Marching Band Parade Competition
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||FairplexEntertainment [ Mon May 08, 2017 9:16 am ]|
|Post subject:||LA County Fair High School Marching Band Parade Competition|
Applications for the 2017 LA County Fair High School Marching Band Parade Competition Are Here!
----------------------------------- Deadline is June 1st -----------------------------------
We're back and we're still giving away $22,000 worth of cash prizes. Our competition is broken into three competing classes, where one grand prize winner will win $10,000!
If you haven’t already, your school will be receiving a packet from the LA County Fair including a hard-copy of the application, rules, fundraiser information, and judging criteria. If you haven't, feel free to contact us so we can check the address we have on file for your school to ensure you get our packets in the future.
You can also fill out an online application that can be submitted electronically to us via our website at
Here you will also find a breakdown of prizes, past winners, paperwork, and additional information. Applications must be submitted by June 1st.
Reasons to Apply
• There are no entry fees for our competition.
• Additionally, your students will enjoy a free day at the Fair on the day of your competition.
• Our participants receive feedback from SCSBOA-affiliated judges.
• We have great prizes – your band has nearly a 1 in 4 chance of taking home cash for your department!
• We offer a fundraising program to help you with any associated costs.
Preliminary Competition Dates: (Your band does not need to be affiliated with a city to participate, nor do you need to participate on the day your city is being celebrated if it does not fit into your scheduling)
• Friday, September 1st – Pomona Day
• Wednesday, September 6th – Ontario Day
• Thursday, September 7th – Claremont & Upland Day
• Friday, September 8th – Riverside County, Rowland Heights, Rancho Cucamonga, San Bernardino, & Whittier Day
• Wednesday, September 13th – La Verne Day
• Thursday, September 14th – Diamond Bar & Montclair Day
• Friday, September 15th – San Dimas & Fontana Day
• Wednesday, September 20th – Chino & Glendora Day
Finals (Top 3 Open-Class Bands only):
• Friday, September 22nd – Chino Hills, Azusa, Covina, & Eastvale Parade
Spaces are limited, so be sure to get your applications in as soon as possible.
For those of you that prefer hard copies and did not receive a packet by mail, fret not, we have them all linked on the website for download and we are still accepting applications via mail, scanned copies, and fax. (If you are faxing us an application, be sure to check with us that we received it!)
Thank you for your continued support of our event! As always, we hope you are as excited as we are about this year’s competition! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
The Entertainment Department
LA County Fair
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group