Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Heyoo85
New Recruit
New Recruit

2017 Rose Parade Bands

Post by Heyoo85 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:11 pm

Happy New Year!

Wishing everyone a healthy, prosperous and awesome 2017!

I was at the Rose Parade yesterday and I have to say, I was mighty impressed with all the bands (I was at PCC location). Everyone sounded great and performed with such enthusiasm and excitement! I loved all the showmanship of the bands...you could really tell how proud they were to be there.

I marched in Arcadia for the 2003 Rose Parade and coming back and seeing them perform made me so PROUD and appreciate everyone who helped make it such an awesome experience (Directors, Staff, Parents, Friends).

Anyone else watch it and have thoughts?
"The happiest people don't always have the best of everything, they make the best of everything"

Luis
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: 2017 Rose Parade Bands

Post by Luis » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:38 am

I watched all the bands at the parade, Bandfest, some at Disney and the BOA bands at Long Beach City College (Pulaski, Broken Arrow and Bands of America Honor Band).

I always look forward to the Rose Parade and its surrounding activities leading up to it, seeing so many bands from all over the country including the International ones. The amount of work these musicians and performers put in clearly shows.

Seeing Arcadia again (last time was 2012) was awesome, especially from my vantage point. They looked and sounded amazing. The Santa Clara Vanguard looked sharp and I absolutely loved their rendition of Bullets and Bayonets! The Japanese Band (Gifu Shogyo) performed outstandingly, as every Green Band does year after year. I liked that we got a chance not only to see the USMC West Coast Composite Band, but also the USAF Total Force Band (can't remember the last time this event had two military bands the same year, if ever). The MLK "Kings of Halftime" lit up the crowds (did any of you see the drum majors split at the corner turn? it was breathtaking to watch!). I liked the USC Trojan Marching Band (saw them at the Americana at Glendale holding their pep rally which drew enormous crowds), Bandfest and the Rose Parade.
What I love best is how the Green Band holds their annual Benefit Concert a day after the Rose Parade (at the John F. Kennedy HS Performing Arts Center), still sounding amazing and full of energy.

I'm already looking forward to next year's Rose Parade! And a huge congratulations to Santiago High School (Corona) for being one of two California representatives in the 2018 Parade.
Last edited by Luis on Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

supermutant
Veteran
Veteran

Post by supermutant » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:22 pm

Yes Luis!!!!

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Wildabeast » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:19 pm

Luis wrote:
I'm already looking forward to next year's Rose Parade! And a huge congratulations to Santiago High School (Corona) for being one of two California representatives in the 2018 Parade.
Homestead HS from Cupertino being the other...
-Stop global whining.

CardNilos8

Post by CardNilos8 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:35 am

return man 3 hacked I have never heared of this before.