Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Blindman
Rookie
Rookie

Unavailable Line-Ups: NCBA CCBR and Vintage Reserve

Post by Blindman » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:12 am

Good morning!

Does anyone happen to have the line-ups for the following band reviews this Saturday:
  • NCBA Central California Band Review
    NCBA Vintage Reserve
If so, would you mind providing them? Thank you!

tao707
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Unavailable Line-Ups: NCBA CCBR and Vintage Reserve

Post by tao707 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:52 pm

CCBR videos are posted on my YouTube page. Enjoy

DM 559

Post by DM 559 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:03 pm

The Videos are primarly focused on Guard... hardly any video on the bands

Blindman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Blindman » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:34 pm

DM 559 wrote:The Videos are primarly focused on Guard... hardly any video on the bands
To be clear, like many of us out there, Tao707 is not paid for the work he does. He contributes his free time to stand out there and record a huge majority of the bands and guards out there without much thanks or appreciation. So I would like to thank you Sid for all the work you're doing out there to provide us with videos for those who can't make it a far distance like Merced and the like.

If you would like videos that are primarily focused on the marching band, you are free to pick up a video camera (or probably even a smartphone) and record the bands at your leisure. No offense, of course, as there are others out there who would prefer videos just like you mentioned, however, instead of pointing out the obvious, feel free to do the recording on your own. Thank you!

Out of step

Post by Out of step » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:15 pm

Can someone please post the results of CCBR?

Thanks...

Cardinal Regime
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cardinal Regime » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:51 pm

Sid (Tao707).....thank you for accepting my invitation and driving from Vallejo all the way to Merced to see your first CCBR. It is difficult for me to record while trying to announce the review. As usual, we appreciate your efforts and lickity-split uploading on to YouTube.

And........after the review was over, a gentleman came over to the judges' trailer to see me. It was Oscar "Gonzofoto" from SoCal. He drove all the way up from L.A. to see CCBR. Oscar is a SoCal GV Cardinal Regime fan. I wish I would have known that he was coming because I would have arranged a great spot for him to film and take pictures from. I think the last time I saw Oscar was at Loara in 2010, when Luis introduced me to him.

So Sid and Oscar, thank yous go out to both of you for traveling from far way to support music in the Central Valley. We appreciate both of your efforts!