World of Pageantry

World of Pageantry

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:47 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:19 pm
Posts: 72
[quote="SoCalBandFan"][quote="rickyric"][quote="GL Falker"]I didn't mean to insinuate anything, my apologies. Anyway, lemme re-phrase that: I'm personally rootin on Etiwanda and good luck to everyone Saturday. Here's my prediction for 4A for what it's worth:

1) Etiwanda
2) Ayala
3) Upland
4) Mission Viejo
5) Fountain Valley
6) Poway[/quote]

I agree with your predictions. Upland will do well but Etiwanda scored almost 6 & 1/2 points avove Upland last weekend in Phoenix. Upland and Ayala were beaten before by Etiwanda and considerably. If you haven't seen Etiwanda's
completed and pliahed show you will be wowed as alot of people were in Phoenix.[/quote]


Different Circuits. Phoenix was BOA and when Ayala and Upland competed against Etiwanda it was at Kennedy which was an SCSBOA show. I may be way off but I'll stick by my predictions and we'll see in a week or so.[/quote]



Different circuits shouldn't matter. The performance is the same and if the WBA judges on the basis of who attends their events then everyone needs to think about what this is all about. The ego's of the judges or the professionalism of the expertice in judging fairly for all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:28 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:10 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Ayala
This is true that etiwanda beat both ayala and upland....now this is also true it was scsboa.... now they are on upland and ayals turf so dont be suprised when upland mission ayala and etiwanda are close....very close in the end


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:39 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:19 pm
Posts: 72
[quote="ryantenors"]This is true that etiwanda beat both ayala and upland....now this is also true it was scsboa.... now they are on upland and ayals turf so dont be suprised when upland mission ayala and etiwanda are close....very close in the end[/quote]

Why does it have to be someone's turf. This is High School kids trying to express themselves the way they have been taught by the staff. It will be a sad day in Marching Band Competition when someone is judge unfairly be it Upland, Ayala or Etiwanda based on who's turf they are on. You judge a group by the content of their show and how well it is performed based on the judging criteria not because you are on someone's field or as you call it turf. :x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:37 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:50 pm
Posts: 75
Location: chino hills, ca
rickyric wrote:
Why does it have to be someone's turf. This is High School kids trying to express themselves the way they have been taught by the staff. It will be a sad day in Marching Band Competition when someone is judge unfairly be it Upland, Ayala or Etiwanda based on who's turf they are on. You judge a group by the content of their show and how well it is performed based on the judging criteria not because you are on someone's field or as you call it turf. :x


i think he used turf to mean wba and its judging criteria, not the football field itself


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Lighten Up! The kids are listening!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:17 pm
Posts: 7
Location: So. Cal
Okay, okay Rickyric, Based on your previous posts its clear that you love Etiwanda....but the fact is that WBA scores will include 10% for auxillary. This is very different from the type of scoring systems Etiwanda normally competes under. While I agree, Etiwanda has the type of show that can do well at a WBA event, I believe that the scoring system will make the scoring closer than they've seen at other competitions with some of the same bands. I don't believe that anyone was implying that the scores would be closer because of "turf" issues(at least that is now how I interpeted them), merely that the scoring system is different and therefore bands that taylor their shows to this scoring system. may have a leg up. The truth is auxillary is the weakest part of Etiwanda's band program. Although they have improved alot these past few years, they are still weaker than some od the bands listed in 4A for this comp. Therefore, the 10% auxillary score may prove a fomidible hurdle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Trabuco Hill Line-up
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:22 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Chino Hills in Southern Calli
I'd honestly have to agree about your line up for the show. Personally I am in the Ayala's marching band and i was sooo excited when I heard that Etiwanda joined our division!! I'm not saying that we're going to win, all i can say is that it should be an exciting show between Etiwanda, Ayala and Upland. You better come and see the show, it'll be a good one!!!

senior at ayala HS

p.s. Etiwanda kicks butt...........period! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:26 am 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:38 pm
Posts: 68
Don't forget Etiwanda's show was designed by Scott Chandler, I believe, the same guy who writes Logan's drill. Etiwanda had a different drill writer the last time they competed in the WBA (1999?). Different year, different show. Their colorguard may not be their forté, but their show has the general effect, musical and visual impact needed to compete with the WBA big boys/girls.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:15 am 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:38 pm
Posts: 93
Location: Moreno Valley, Ca
GL Falker wrote:
Don't forget Etiwanda's show was designed by Scott Chandler, I believe, the same guy who writes Logan's drill. Etiwanda had a different drill writer the last time they competed in the WBA (1999?). Different year, different show. Their colorguard may not be their forté, but their show has the general effect, musical and visual impact needed to compete with the WBA big boys/girls.


You're right when you say they have what it takes to compete with the WBA big boys/girls. After talking to a couple of our band's staff I'm starting to rethink my projected 3rd place finish for them. One thing I know is that if Etiwanda does win I doubt it will be by any 6 point margin they had over Upland at BOA. In fact, I would be surprised if the top 4 bands (Etiwanda, Upland, Ayala and Mission Viejo) are seperated by more than a couple of points.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:33 am 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:26 pm
Posts: 23
Location: the OC
[quote="SoCalBandFan"][quote="GL Falker"]Don't forget Etiwanda's show was designed by Scott Chandler, I believe, the same guy who writes Logan's drill. Etiwanda had a different drill writer the last time they competed in the WBA (1999?). Different year, different show. Their colorguard may not be their forté, but their show has the general effect, musical and visual impact needed to compete with the WBA big boys/girls.[/quote]

You're right when you say they have what it takes to compete with the WBA big boys/girls. After talking to a couple of our band's staff I'm starting to rethink my projected 3rd place finish for them. One thing I know is that if Etiwanda does win I doubt it will be by any 6 point margin they had over Upland at BOA. In fact, I would be surprised if the top 4 bands (Etiwanda, Upland, Ayala and Mission Viejo) are seperated by more than a couple of points.[/quote]

I agree. I believe that scoring will be close in 3A and 4A classes. I would have to predict the 4A winner as Etiwanda and the 3a winner as El Toro with Trabuco Hills or Valley View a close second. Any predictions on 3A finishes? What a lineup!!

_________________
What are those football players doing on the band field?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:46 am 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:38 pm
Posts: 93
Location: Moreno Valley, Ca
Quote:
I agree. I believe that scoring will be close in 3A and 4A classes. I would have to predict the 4A winner as Etiwanda and the 3a winner as El Toro with Trabuco Hills or Valley View a close second. Any predictions on 3A finishes? What a lineup!!


3A is going to be quite intresting. We'll have to see how El Toro does this weekend at Mission Viejo since they haven't been to a WBA show since Costa Mesa. Valley View has this week off so Trabuco Hills will be the first show to have all the top 3A bands. Don't forget about Rancho Cucamonga either.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Dont Forget one show before this one!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:08 pm 
Offline
Section Leader
Section Leader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:00 pm
Posts: 826
Location: United Socialist State of Kalifornia
That is still a week away. Some bands have to go to Mission Viejo which is going be tough as well. So dont look passed that one.

_________________
Truth is not a theory..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dont Forget one show before this one!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:21 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:38 pm
Posts: 93
Location: Moreno Valley, Ca
jacjar1 wrote:
That is still a week away. Some bands have to go to Mission Viejo which is going be tough as well. So dont look passed that one.


Are you telling me I can't talk about the Trabuco Hills show then? Thats silly. If you want to discuss the Mission Viejo show and how the bands will fare there then you can do so on that thread. It's true Valley View won't be going to Mission but I'll be there as my parents live only a couple of miles from the school.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dont Forget one show before this one!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:09 pm 
Offline
Section Leader
Section Leader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:00 pm
Posts: 826
Location: United Socialist State of Kalifornia
SoCalBandFan wrote:
jacjar1 wrote:
That is still a week away. Some bands have to go to Mission Viejo which is going be tough as well. So dont look passed that one.


Are you telling me I can't talk about the Trabuco Hills show then? Thats silly. If you want to discuss the Mission Viejo show and how the bands will fare there then you can do so on that thread. It's true Valley View won't be going to Mission but I'll be there as my parents live only a couple of miles from the school.


Hmmm you know you guys need to really chill out and not take everything so personal.

1. Dont read into posts anymore than whats there!
2. Do not assume there is a hidden agenda behind every post.
3. There are several other bands posting on this thread not just yours.
4. Read the entire thread and see where the thread started and where it is going.
5. before you try and flame someone take a step back!

_________________
Truth is not a theory..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:24 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:58 pm
Posts: 13
This is hard to predict because Etiwandas show hasn't been judged in Wba yet. I hope that Etiwanda comes out on top because I love their show, but I think that Ayala has the slight edge.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dont Forget one show before this one!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:51 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:26 pm
Posts: 23
Location: the OC
So Cal Band Fan said:

" It's true Valley View won't be going to Mission but I'll be there as my parents live only a couple of miles from the school."

If I were you, I would park in my parents' driveway and walk to the school! And you are absolutely right, Rancho Cucamonga will be right up there in 3A. They have an outstanding program and a wonderful guard!

See you there SoCal Band Fan! I will be there as a fan too!

_________________
What are those football players doing on the band field?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
  http://www.worldofpageantry.com Copyright © 1996 - 2006 Email:  admin@worldofpageantry.com  

Site design and maintenance by Dave Schaafsma at Dave's Web Dynamics