27 New Sousa March recordings added to our March library

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

27 New Sousa March recordings added to our March library

Post by Bandmaster » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:56 pm

I added 27 more Sousa march recordings to the WOP March Library today. None of these march had been included in the past since many recordings are hard to find. Remember that you need to be logged into the forum to view the library and listen to the recordings. Click the "Most Recent Additions First" link to view the new entries. Enjoy!
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

Kuxica
Veteran
Veteran

Re: 27 New Sousa March recordings added to our March library

Post by Kuxica » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:34 am

Thanks for sharing these recordings but I'm curious as to why some are duplicated. I understand with Joyce's 71'st N.Y. Regiment, but why Guide Right and Our Flirtations?
" Don't compete to beat the other bands and get the trophies, instead compete to do better then before and then the trophies will come in." - Unknown

" I have one word for you, ' Loara'." - Rick Lorenzen 1996 at the Chino Band Review.

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 27 New Sousa March recordings added to our March library

Post by Bandmaster » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:04 am

Kuxica wrote:Thanks for sharing these recordings but I'm curious as to why some are duplicated. I understand with Joyce's 71'st N.Y. Regiment, but why Guide Right and Our Flirtations?
In most cases another recording was found or submitted after the initial entry in the library was made. I thought the recordings were different enough in character and style to warrant leaving them both in the system for comparison. I figured the march fanatics would enjoy checking out both recordings.
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster