Experienced composer/arranger for hire for 2016

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

cairnsz

Experienced composer/arranger for hire for 2016

Post by cairnsz » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:37 pm

Attention, Directors --

It's never too early to begin planning for next year!

I've got a few openings in my workload for the upcoming marching band season, if anyone out there is looking for someone to do custom arrangements or original compositions for your marching band. I've got nearly 20 years of experience writing for (championship-winning) competitive marching bands in Pennsylvania and Maryland (I now live in St. Louis, but still work remotely). My educational background is in music education, music theory, and composition -- I got my PhD from Eastman, and I teach music theory and composition at University of Missouri - St. Louis.

If any of you are interested in collaborating, please send me an email -- zacharycairns(at)gmail.com. I'll be happy to share samples of my work, provide references, etc.

Remember, your marching band students may spend as much as 7 months of their lives working with 8-10 minutes of music. Why not choose music that has been specifically designed for YOUR students?

Hope to hear from you soon!
Zac

PS -- Let me know what you're currently paying for your custom arrangements, and I'll see if I can beat that price...